Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bmbrouillette  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 11:05:32 AM(UTC)
Bmbrouillette

Groups: Registered

Washer was showing E01/F06 error codes. After some internet research I bought and replaced the CCU. Now the washer will not power on. I can get into the diagnostic check stage but the th test gets stuck on C00. Is there a reset switch for installing new CCU? And I doing something wrong in order to get diagnostic test to work? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 2:59:44 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

1)So it would try to start, lock the door then show F6E1?
2)Now nothing at all?

When you say it will not power on you mean it will not start the cycle? Or will not light up any display?
If this is the 1-2-3 x3 means of getting into diagnostics and the each of the 3 buttons you used to enter has a function I think you need to press "start" to actually start the test on these and they take a long time to go through the test..
If that yields no action check and double check all wires are in the correct spot, I believe that one or more plugs can fit in the wrong spots on that CCU.

I'd bet you actually have a bad motor control. When you try to start it do you hear the 3 clicks from the motor control down below?
When you push start the machine powers the MCU (the clicks from below), locks, turns the drum, then cycles the lock again prior to beginning the actual wash cycle, in effect this is a mini test it does at the beginning of each cycle.
Bmbrouillette  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 4:45:52 PM(UTC)
Bmbrouillette

It will not power on when I press power button. But I can do the 1,2,3x3 to get into diagnostics. Then I press 2nd button to start diagnostic test and left it on over night and it still on C00 phase.
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:01:51 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

So after you press start it just sits on C00?
These can be tricky to diagnose as the MCU provides feedback that it is ready.

The CCU should be powering the MCU up. If you have a multimeter check for the CCU delivering 120 to MCU. It's one of the pink heavy guage pairs on the side of the CCU. Labeled MS2. It should at least briefly try to power the MCU there.

If you do not have a meter to check voltage you can try unplugging that MS2 plug and see how the machine behaves. You can also try unplugging the MI3 connector which is three thin blue wires going down to the MCU. They are the communication wires.

If either of those actions change the behavior then it is likely that it is the MCU. I am assuming that during Diagnostics all of the other lights light up and it shows you error codes and all that? Normal behavior? Except for the failure to proceed.
Bmbrouillette  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 3:46:00 AM(UTC)
Bmbrouillette

When I press the power button nothing happens. Nothing lights up. I can log into diagnostic but when when I hit the 2nd button to run the test then start it sits on C00 even if I leave it on overnight.
PNWDrew  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2017 5:54:07 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

At the beginning of the test or any cycle it checks the lock and the MCU so one of those 2 is your likely problem. ..

Comm errors are vague and the service manual is not reliable as to which one it is. Even on the spot it is some times a crap shoot.

Sorry to be unspecific but without being able to see it in real life it's hard to diagnose. If you are not hearing the MCU power up, the 3 quiet clicks it makes, I'd suspect it. Your MCU is located at back bottom, on the left if you're behind the unit. You can pull the back off and the MCU out and visually inspect the part.

From the top you can reach down and manually unlock the door if it is now locked. There's a small round tab hanging off the bottom of the lock you can pull to open it. Once opened unplug machine for 15 and then try it all again. Beyond that you'll need a multi meter to proceed so you can see what the CCU is doing.

This is the vague new world of fully computerized appliaces.
Bmbrouillette  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 8, 2017 6:30:12 PM(UTC)
Bmbrouillette

Ok I put the old CCU back into the machine. It powers back up so the new CCU must of been faulty. I changed out the door latch assembly and still nothing. When I unplug the washer for a while and replug it back in I can start a cycle. I did listen for the 3 clicks and they do occur then nothing happens. Kind of sits in a stuck phase. When I hit the power button everything turns off but the light on the power button stays light up. I have to unplug it and replug it for the light to go off.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply