Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tnafranklin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:47:55 PM(UTC)
tnafranklin

Groups: Registered

During a load of laundry the other day, i heard the dreaded error beep. When i went and looked it said F06 E02. The door would not unlock until i manually unlocked it. I opened washer and checked all connections. I entered the diagnostic mode and when I pushed start it would lock the door but would not advance past the C00 step. I decided to replace the ccu so after receiving the new part from APP, I installed it but when I turned it on it immediately gave me a F06 E03 error. I checked all of the connections to make sure they were secure and I even took the front control panel off to make sure those wires were securely connected. Still nothing. I put it in diagnostic mode again and this time when it started the door never locked and never advanced past the C00 step. I took the new CCU out and replaced it with the old one and everything reverted back to the original errors and door locking but not advancing past C00 step. Now I am utterly confused.:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rwood64083  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 2:13:34 PM(UTC)
rwood64083

I'm having the same problem with my Whirlpool Duet WFW94HEX.
Driving me nuts.
Sad thing is the unit just turned 3 years old this month.

Same codes. Including the C00 code.

I went through the technicians guide located inside the unit. Followed diagnosing steps and procedures. Checked wiring, checked connectors and connections, checked ac and dc voltages and continuity. Still nothing. Turn the unit on, try to start it and it does nothing but lock the door. Then you hear one of the relays in the CCU click every 10 to 20 seconds. Eventually it stops and the unit shuts off.

Been trying to research this issue the last couple of weeks. Some sites say change the CCU (washer electronic control board) and today I found one site that said the MCU (motor control unit) is bad. CCU is 200+ dollars and MCU is just under 200 dollars.

Hate to buy a replacement washer cause I know this thing has to be repairable.

If I figure it out I'll let you know what I find.
tnafranklin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:49:08 PM(UTC)
tnafranklin

So the fix for me was the mcu. I tried the ccu first but that didn't fix it. When I removed the circuit board on the mcu as part of the replacement process,there was a black mark on the board and the mcu housing so I knew this was the problem. Sure enough that was it. After replacing the ccu and that not working, I talked to a repair man over the phone and he said he sees the mcu go bad on the duets all the time. Thankfully appliance parts pro has a great return policy. Give the mcu a try as this worked for me. Hope it works for you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply