Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
now what  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:53:03 AM(UTC)
now what

Groups: Registered

Amana refrigerator 7 yrs old freezer on bottom has beed acting funny freezing veggies in crisper drawers no matter where the humidity control is set. Some food in the pantry tray will freeze and yesterday it was not cooling. I move dial in freezer all the way and it kicked on started cooling only to quit later in the day moved dial again this morning and it kicked back on !!!!!
Any help on what the problem may be would be greatly appreicated
:confused: :mad: :( :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 3:43:03 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for AMANA ARB8057CW Ref - Bottom Mounts | AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="Blue"]I move dial in freezer all the way and it kicked on started cooling only to quit later in the day moved dial again this morning and it kicked back on !!!!![/COLOR]
The above would be normal. If you set the temperature to colder then you would expect the compressor to come on and run till the fridge reaches the new set point.
Therefore I must be misunderstanding this.

I am then going to assume that the fridge was warmer than it should be and that it came on and cooled down just by turning the temperature control. Later the compressor stopped and the unit again warmed up.

If my assumption above is correct then it sounds like your temperature control is sticking open and I would replace it.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
now what  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:42:40 AM(UTC)
now what

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for AMANA ARB8057CW Ref - Bottom Mounts | AppliancePartsPros.com

I move dial in freezer all the way and it kicked on started cooling only to quit later in the day moved dial again this morning and it kicked back on !!!!!
The above would be normal. If you set the temperature to colder then you would expect the compressor to come on and run till the fridge reaches the new set point.
Therefore I must be misunderstanding this.

I am then going to assume that the fridge was warmer than it should be and that it came on and cooled down just by turning the temperature control. Later the compressor stopped and the unit again warmed up.

If my assumption above is correct then it sounds like your temperature control is sticking open and I would replace it.

Thank you Denman Yes the refrig was warm 50degrees and when you turn it up it kicks on but it won't keep cycling to keep stead temp. It statrts to get warm again and I turn the dial back and forth till it kicks on. So the temp control in bottom freezer need replaced, what about the temp control in the refrigerator??
denman  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:52:29 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Looks like the one in the fresh food side is for the damper which controls the amount of cold air that enters the fresh fresh food side from the freezer.

I would just replace the temperature control thermostat since it is that one that controls your compressor on/off.

Also if you look at the wiring diagram in the parts link you will see that the evaporator fan only runs when the compressor comes on (also controlled by that thermostat) so if the compressor does not come on no cold air is blown into the fresh food side.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply