Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Endurance  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:03:09 AM(UTC)
Endurance

Groups: Registered

Our one-month old Frigidaire refrigerator (model # FFHS2611LQ1)stopped cooling, motor is running. No ice no cool temp Number on the panel under Refrigerator is stuck at 4 and blinking I called service tech they do not have the part It will take several days to get it from Nevada We live in Mesa with temps of 100 + F.Please HELP THANK YOU!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 3:29:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
It does sound like a control board problem so you will have to wait for the part.

I would try unplugging it for 5 minutes or so to see if the unit will reset.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Endurance  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 5:37:32 AM(UTC)
Endurance

How do I know that this will not happen again? How can I trust this product when it broke down in less than 2 months of usage? I'd rather return it and have my money back Did I mention that is made in Mexico and that NOWHERE on Frigidaire website this is mentioned? Had I known that I would not have ordered it. I bought it online and it was delivered from a local Mesa store on May 19. I have never had problems with my refrigerators I believe I would have been better off witha second-hand one . Thank you for your reply.

Cornelia
denman  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:34:53 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="DarkRed"]How do I know that this will not happen again?[/COLOR]
You do not but you would not with any other unit either.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]How can I trust this product when it broke down in less than 2 months of usage?[/COLOR]
That I cannot answer. But better it break on warranty than just after warranty expires. A certain number of units from all manufaacturers fail shortly after installation.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I'd rather return it and have my money back Did I mention that is made in Mexico and that NOWHERE on Frigidaire website this is mentioned?[/COLOR]
I found the operators manual , the install sheet and the wiring diagram on the Frigidaire site under customer support.
I my opinion all manufactures make good units and not so good units but cannot comment on this particular unit as I do not know what category it falls into, also this is just my personal opinion.
I try to stay away from fancy units as there is just more stuff to break.
Non electronic units seem to be the most reliable long term but they are getting hard to find.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I have never had problems with my refrigerators I believe I would have been better off with a second-hand one[/COLOR]
I would never buy a second hand unit unless I knew the seller just too risky with a fridge.
You could have bought an older GE just take a look at the sticky about them at the start of this forum section, not a good thing.

I think they went to DC fans in order to get a better E-star rating.
Yes you save a little bit of electrical energy while running the unit but they do not seem to last as long and so will end up in the dump a lot sooner.
E-star does not take into consideration the amount of energy used to manufacture it or recycle it or the units life so does not really show the environmental impact of a machine.
Just me ranting as this really gets my goat.

Note: I am not a big fan of Frigidaire but then I am not a fan of any manufacturer.
Endurance  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:07:32 AM(UTC)
Endurance

Thank you for taking the time to reply. What would be a non electronic refrigerator?Where can I buy it?

So bottom line is that I was lucky all these years when I never had aproblem with the other two refrigerators?. I unplugged it and re-plug it after5 min and it started making ice. How long is this micracle going to last? Thankyou again for your detailed messages

[FONT="Vladimir Script"]Cornelia[/FONT]
denman  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 11:05:46 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="DarkRed"]What would be a non electronic refrigerator?Where can I buy it?[/COLOR]
Just about every manufacturer makes non or minimal electronic units.
An indication is that there will not be a digital display. It will have one or two standard knob type thermostats. Best to ask the sales people.
One may not be available depending on the type of unit you require/want.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]So bottom line is that I was lucky all these years when I never had aproblem with the other two refrigerators?[/COLOR]
I would not say you were lucky but would say that this time you were unlucky.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I unplugged it and re-plug it after5 min and it started making ice. How long is this micracle going to last? [/COLOR]
That I cannot predict.
Wish I could as I would be predicting lottery numbers.
I can recommend that you put a surge protector on the unit. This will just plug into the receptacle then the fridge plug into it. If you have a noisy line or other appliances on this line, you can get voltage spikes on the line. These can get into the units electronics and basically confuse it.
I would let them replace the board as electronic boards can also go intermittent and just mess up all on their own.

You should be able to get an appliance surge protector from Home Depot, Walmart etc.
Richappy another regular poster on this forum recommends a 1000 joule surge protector.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply