Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Richmaytag  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:36:09 AM(UTC)
Richmaytag

Groups: Registered

Listen, I know how to calculate kwh (watts/1000) and power consumption expenses. Like I said at the power consumption you insist I have and which is no where near what my accurate meter reflects, there is no way I am spending close to 78 bucks monthly out of $190 simply on my refrigerator. I have a five ton AC along with 1 1/2 Hp pool pump, 1 1/2 HP irrigation pump and all other sorts of power hungry devices.

I do not doubt your knowledge - all I am saying is that the numbers do not add up based on the facts I have presented. Furthermore, I have heard from variious sources that new boxes use up a lot less power than before so ............................

Anyway, I have an issue with a washing machine that I need to research so I will move on, and again I thank you for your feedbacks.. Ciao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icehouse  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:15:18 AM(UTC)
icehouse

Groups: Senior Expert

Who ever you got your information from is a "little lost in space".

Compressor = 825 watts
Defrost Heater=400 watts
Ice Maker heater= 185 watts
Ice Maker motor= 1.5 watts
Condenser fan motor= 2 watts
evaporator fan motor= .5 watts

BODY,.aolmailheader {font-size:10pt; color:black; font-family:Arial;} a.aolmailheader:link {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:visited {color:magenta; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:active {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:hover {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} UserPostedImage

P/E = I whereas P(Watts) = 1414 and E = 123.7 (you read with your meter)
The total amperage = 11.43, however the heater and compressor would not be energized at the same time so deduct 400 watts. 8.2Amps.
So again I ask you and anyone else in the world could you get an amperage draw of point nine. I do not care if you are using a "Fluke,Simpson,Ideal or whatever meter', it is IMPOSSIBLE.
[URL="http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212416248x1200771803/aol?redir=http://travel.aol.com/discount-travel?ncid=emlcntustrav00000001"][/URL]

Richmaytag  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 1:28:46 PM(UTC)
Richmaytag

You continue to ignore my basic question which I will iterate again very, very simply.

How do you account for an ammeter giving CORRECT readings with all other appliances and then having the same meter give readings that are incorrect ACCORDING TO YOU when it it is used and hooked up in the exact same way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please answer that question and that question only with a direct, germaine response. - we both speak the same language and I have made myself very clear and there is no ambiguity in what I am asking.

And if you cannot account for it, say so. I cannot come up with a valid reason.

Is my meter a racist? Is it discriminating against my Maytag? Please enlighten me. And do not continue to ignore the electricity consumption/expense info that I related to you regarding my all electric home. Because on that info alone your contention does not hold a modicum of water.

Thanks
icehouse  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 2:27:11 PM(UTC)
icehouse

When calculating your power consumption, how do you isolate your refrigerator. The information is only correct when you have the proper information.
Is your meter prejudice, I think not. You insist you are reading point nine amps and I am yelling you it is virtually impossible. And not just me, any "Technician" who has the proper training.
You state you know Watts law and Ohms law, but neither is any good without the proper reading was all I was trying to get across. You ask for help, yet insist on contradicting proven evidence, not by me but by the manufacturer. So if you cannot comprehend the information properly, then how can you talk about power consumption.
Straight and to the point I would say.
icehouse  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:21:38 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Originally Posted by: Richmaytag Go to Quoted Post
You continue to ignore my basic question which I will iterate again very, very simply.

How do you account for an ammeter giving CORRECT readings with all other appliances and then having the same meter give readings that are incorrect ACCORDING TO YOU when it it is used and hooked up in the exact same way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please answer that question and that question only with a direct, germaine response. - we both speak the same language and I have made myself very clear and there is no ambiguity in what I am asking.

And if you cannot account for it, say so. I cannot come up with a valid reason.

Is my meter a racist? Is it discriminating against my Maytag? Please enlighten me. And do not continue to ignore the electricity consumption/expense info that I related to you regarding my all electric home. Because on that info alone your contention does not hold a modicum of water.

Thanks

Nor does the fact of matter that you state your refrigerator running is drawing point nine (9/10 of 1 ) amps. :mad:
Richmaytag  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:32:58 PM(UTC)
Richmaytag

Yo Icehouse,

Try as you might U still did NOT answer how my meter could be fine for some readings and incorrect for this one. I know that the specs say one thing but the readings say another and that is why I was concerned.

And if the unit was using the sort of power you indicate per the specs my juice bill would be considerably greater than what it is. U also continue to ignore the facts I presented regarding the electical appliances I have running.

U missed your calling in life - You would have made a wonderful, dynamite politician because you, like they, do not give direct answers to direct questions. Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!
icehouse  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:45:05 PM(UTC)
icehouse

Originally Posted by: Richmaytag Go to Quoted Post
Yo Icehouse,

Try as you might U still did NOT answer how my meter could be fine for some readings and incorrect for this one. I know that the specs say one thing but the readings say another and that is why I was concerned.

And if the unit was using the sort of power you indicate per the specs my juice bill would be considerably greater than what it is. U also continue to ignore the facts I presented regarding the electrical appliances I have running.

U missed your calling in life - You would have made a wonderful, dynamite politician because you, like they, do not give direct answers to direct questions. Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!

And you "Sir" are a little thick. If you can explain how an appliance with four motors can draw only 9/10th of one amp, then how do you justify your power consumption if you cannot get this. :)
Richmaytag  
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 5:41:17 PM(UTC)
Richmaytag

Again you did not answer the question. And there are three motors that run all the time. Condensor and evaporator motors and Compressor. And per you specs the former two motors only draw a total of 2.5 watts.

I know it does not make sense but ................ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT THE METER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icehouse  
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:02:42 PM(UTC)
icehouse

:) Try a different meter first of all.
Second those are "Maytag's" specs.
The Condenser fan and Evaporator fan (2.5 watts) equal .02 amps, and the Compressor (825 watts) equal 6.875 amps run at the same time. How in Gods name can you honestly say that the unit is drawing 9/10 of 1 amp. That's like saying an "elephant weighs a couple of ounces. Again try an analog meter. Then and only then will you have an answer.
Richmaytag  
#40 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 7:00:16 AM(UTC)
Richmaytag

I AM USING an analog meter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always gives me correct readings on all the ranges with all sorts of appliances including refrigerators..........And , of course, as with any analog meter, you always use the range that gives you a reading as close to the center as possible.

I too have been scratching my head - all I can say is that my electric bill seems to bear out the fact that the unit is using relatively low amounts of electricity.(Do not OVERLOOK the fact that unit was running 24/7). Otherwise, my consumption with all of the electric appliances I have, would be stratospheric. And the funny thing is that now that the unit uses the same amount of power as before but shuts off when the therm kicks in, I am using less kw's with this box over the month. I know it does not make sense based on our experiences but my electric bill does not lie.

Will contact the engineering dept of Maytag - maybe they can clue me in on this enigma.:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply