Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Larita  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 8:35:27 AM(UTC)
Larita

Groups: Registered

[FONT='Courier New']I need help with the following problem: my refrigerator “Frigidaire” model GLHS264ZAW4 (it has 2 front vertical doors, with water dispenser and ice-maker) has stopped making ice.[/FONT]
[FONT='Courier New'][/FONT]
[FONT='Courier New']I have brought all the new parts: water filter, triple solenoid valve and complete ice-maker kit.[/FONT]
[FONT='Courier New']I have already installed the new parts, but the ice-maker does not make any ice: Once the cycle is complete, the valve of the ice maker opens to allow water entry, but the water does not reach the ice-maker through the water tube; as a consequence, no ice is made. At the same time, when the valve of the ice-maker opens, water leaks through the Water Dispenser.[/FONT]
[FONT='Courier New']I have changed all the water tubes and verified that they were not blocked…the dispenser Works properly, the pressure of the external water line is adequate, but still doesn´t make ice.

From my point of view, the problem is that when the valve opens(the valve is located at the back of the refrigerator, in the low part), even though some water enters the tube system, it does not reach the top of the refrigerator, where the ice maker is located.
[/FONT]

[FONT='Courier New']I cannot figure out why water does not reach the ice-maker.[/FONT]
[FONT='Courier New']I have also tried another test: I disconnected the water tube from the ice-maker (so that it does not go upwards) and put it on the floor. When the ice-maker valve opens, water passes through the complete tube system; nevertheless the amount of water is very small… In this case, water does not leak through the water dispenser when the ice-maker valve opens.[/FONT]
[FONT='Courier New'][/FONT] [FONT='Courier New']Does anybody have a clue on what the problem might be and how I can solve it? Thanks!![/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 3:32:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What happens if you depress the water dispenser lever on the door?

Gene.
Larita  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:38:03 AM(UTC)
Larita

When I depress the water dispenser lever, water comes out; pressure is not too high, but water comes out .
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2010 1:26:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Looks to me like there is an electrical problem (might be some wires crossed). Remove the wires from the water dispenser solenoid on the water inlet valve and check how water will go to the ice maker.

Gene.
P.S. Make sure the water feeding tube into the ice maker is not blocked or frozen and it comes into the ice maker.
modelships  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:32:34 AM(UTC)
modelships

Hi, Gene,
I have an Amana model BC20 E-G ref-frzr...... the ice valve solenoid had been chattering for a few months now but the icemaker worked well. Iquit working last week so I replaced the solenoid valve but still have no water coming into the icemaker. I removed the icemaker this morning and found the water supply tube.. it's about 5/8ths or 3/4 "split at the back freezer wall and was frozen with ice. My questions....... is there some dort of heater or warmer that keeps the water in the supply tube from freezing?........Is the supply tube one or two pieces? Thanks for listening... my e-mail address is modelships20@coastalnow.net if you're able to answer these questions.....Dick Bauer, Midway Georgia.. 30 miles south of Savannah............
Gene  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:44:16 AM(UTC)
Gene

Dick,

Most likely this tube got frozen due to water valve problems. Defrost it with a hair dryer and, hopefully, it'll work fine with the new valve.

Gene.
modelships  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 10:50:12 AM(UTC)
modelships

Hi, again Gene..... wanted to try rhat but that tube split in two when I removed the icemaker. I wanted to use a hairdryer to thaw that line out but am afraind since it's split in two pieces I have to buy a new tube.Is that tubre heated some way to keep this tube from freezing??? Please reply using he e-mail again. that worked great earlier....
dicknuc  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:08:47 AM(UTC)
dicknuc

You're alredy replaced the Water Valver - Still Not Working.
Shut your water off - disconnect the water line to the from the back of the refrigerator at the top where it goes into the icemaker. I used zip tie or something flexable to see if it would go all the way through to the
tube inside the refrig. If you have obstruction - use your hair dryer
to thaw the ice from inside the refrigerator tube. When the flexable goes all the way through. Hook back the water line to the icemaker. You will have ice soon.
modelships  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:14:08 AM(UTC)
modelships

Hi, Dicknunc,
Many thanks for your help and after a fair time, I was finally able to defreost / thaw the inlet line.... am now enjoying the product of my efforts. especially now that summer had arrived here just south of Savannnah GA.
Dick Bauer
tru023  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:31:24 PM(UTC)
tru023

Does anyone know why the water that feeds into my ice maker keeps spraying and wont stop?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply