Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chasity  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 7:11:38 AM(UTC)
Chasity

Groups: Registered

I just installed the new ice maker kit. Everything looked the same and went well. However now the water will not come out and fill the ice tray. Yes I did check the valve and it is on. The old ice maker would fill with water, but the ice would get stuck. So I am not sure why now with the new ice maker the water will not eject into the tray. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kenmore Refrigerator 253.71122105
Ice Maker Kit part number 5303918277 (replacement part)
(Note old ice maker says model number M1 and new ice maker says 1M) Salesman said that was the manufacture number and not to worry about it.

Thank You
Chasity
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 8:41:11 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Put water in the ice mold yourself and see it it starts when it freezes and dumps the ice.
Chasity  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 8:49:20 AM(UTC)
Chasity

In the last hour it has filed up only partially with water and frozen. It is doing it's job and getting some water in there now. I know the directions said to turn the water fill adjustment screw 1/2 turn counterclockwise. Is that making the time to short to fill the tray. It has been three hours and I have four ice cubes. I figured there must have been air in the line in the beginning. Now I am wondering if the screw adjustment was not needed.
woodchuckie  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 8:54:53 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Does the fill adjustment have a + for more and a - for less water on the dial. Just a guess but I think counter clock wise would be less.
Chasity  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2009 9:55:41 AM(UTC)
Chasity

From what I can tell by turning it it moved towards the plus sign. I just watched it eject some water into the maker. Not much came out. So I just did a full turn of the screw towards the positive. Which I hope adds more time. I hope this is moving things in the right direction. I am at least getting water now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply