Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oldtomc  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:13:22 AM(UTC)
oldtomc

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana built in Refrigerator Freezer that will run for any where from 4 hours to 4 Days and the freezer will warm up and the refrigerator will also warm up to 60.If we turn the power of and on a few times it will begine to make ice cubes again and the temp in the freezer will drop down to some where around 10 degrees any body have any ideas???
Thank you
oldtomc
The Box never loses power. the motor keeps running most of the time. If you turn the machine off and turn it back on, It will run just fine it makes ice cubes just fine it seem that when it wants to defrost it self it will not start to freeze again.

Thank you for trying to help Amana could Care Less about fixing there $8,500.00 Pile of Junk They bless there hart offered me a 15 % Discount on a new Amana, What every gives them the Idea That I would Puchase Another Amana Any Company that will not suport there Refigerators Fat chance that I would Ever have an Amana again. They did give me some repair people.I might as well Had Dum And Dumer try to fix it. By The way that is my oppinion of amanas
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 9:19:16 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Do you loose all power to the unit when it fails. Also, what is running/not running .
oldtomc  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 7:41:02 PM(UTC)
oldtomc

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Do you loose all power to the unit when it fails. Also, what is running/not running .

Hi The first thing that I want to do Is thank you for trying to Help Us,That said.I would like to share what we went Through for Seven Mounths,Of Lies,Idiots,Service People That could not make a living Selling Popcorn,That were tying to Paulm them selves of as an Amana Repair man All Statements in this note are My opinion that I aquired During the time it took us to repair the Machine.I am going to just go over the high lights of it. A I was sold a new Hi Voltage board by one outfit saying that that was the problem,The Board cost us $535.00 from that out fit.did not fix it.Same board ******** New in the box High was $89.00 Low was Under $50.00. The part Nu. was differant worked great when I found out About Amanas Not Caring Parts for over 5 Five Years.That was in one of my calles to amana.at this point another sevice out fit suposed to be Amana Service people. Said the other outfit was wrong it was the lowvoltage board and that was nolonger being made.I called Amana They offerd me 15% off of a new Refrigerator.At whitch point I asked them,Why would I ever buy another Amana.
For you that do not know why I was trying to fix it. A new replace ment is some where around $8,000.00 Up the one that we have was around $9600.00 for a simular Refrigerator Plus Sales tax @9.7%
Back to ******** the Board that was not availabe any more and if it was would be in the over $400.00 Range I perchased Three of the boards so I would have spares.High ******** L/V board 86.00 Low was under $50.00.The part numbers were differant the boards for the most part were exactly the same. The Sixth out fit came out I told him my story,He put an ampprobe on the Compressor it Was takeing twice the amps to start as was alowed.The Company that fixed it was A&E the name may be copy writed so I almost did not say who fixed it.But I figured that if any body out there Has an Amana they cant get fixed.It took me 7 seven mounths to get it fixed. Keep in mined that there appears to be several Rerigeratorss out there that use the same or will fit parts if you look close.
In Closing I want to thank these people again for trying to help almost every body else wanted money up front with the only guantee was that your money was gone fixed or not.Every thing in this note is my opinion

Reguards
oldtomc
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 5:21:40 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I assume everything is now ok, freezer temp down below 10 degrees, fridg. around 35-40.
I would question ability to measure inrush startup compressor current. It lasts much less than a second and with my expensive amprobe, I have trouble capturing it with the data save feature. If is indeed double normal, I would verify you have the factory specified start device on the compressor and not some boost device.
In any event, I would add a 1000Joule surge protector to the outlet; make sure it is one designed for appliances, $ 12.95 at Wall Mart.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply