Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeffbigney  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:45:22 PM(UTC)
jeffbigney

Groups: Registered

Yeah, my motor just hums. I just acquired this dishwasher second hand and when I connected the water and power to it I get a LE error code and the motor just hums. I know there is a moisture sensor where the catch plate is. I am currently drying it out now by turning the unit upside down and removing the plate and drying everything with paper towels and putting a fan on it for the last few hours. However the motor hum I am not sure how to approach that. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 10:46:58 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jeffbigney Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, my motor just hums. I just acquired this dishwasher second hand and when I connected the water and power to it I get a LE error code and the motor just hums. I know there is a moisture sensor where the catch plate is. I am currently drying it out now by turning the unit upside down and removing the plate and drying everything with paper towels and putting a fan on it for the last few hours. However the motor hum I am not sure how to approach that. Any suggestions?

Jeff, You're on the right track for the LE error code, it basically means there's moisture or water in the base of the dishwasher. check and make sure all the connections are tight and no cracks or splits in the hose. You may want to remove the pump cover inside the tub, and check to see that the motor shaft / seal hasn't stiffened or seized, they do that sometimes if not used for an extended period. you can also check for possible clogs and debris inside the pump housing blocking the chopper or impellers holding the motor from turning.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply