Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TXTerry  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 10:35:00 AM(UTC)
TXTerry

Groups: Registered

Our washing machine has stopped agitating and spinning after washing a large comforter. It fills and drains properly and the belt looks good and the drum spins freely without any noise or issue.

There is a green LED on the motor that flashes about once a second. I've checked the electrical connections and all seem secure.

I've seen other online sites recommend replacing the lid switch but before I do, is there a way to test it before replacing it? Is there anything else I can do to identify the cause before replacing part after part?

Thanks in advance.
Terry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 3:29:09 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The first thing to do is to try resetting the system,

To clear the error code, turn the washer off. Then disconnect power for about 20 seconds. Next, reconnect power then open and close the lid five or more times within 12 seconds in the first 30 seconds of power-up.

sometimes this is all that is needed particularly in your situation.

If that doesn't work then operate the machie with the front panel off and see if the motor is turning in the agitation and spin cycle. If not, try replacing the motor. If you buy from this site and that does not fix it you can return it.
TXTerry  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:09:58 PM(UTC)
TXTerry

Groups: Registered

I tried Reseting it and got no different results. I also checked the field service process and no error LEDs showed and it would not agitate or spin in the desired test. The LED on the motor only flashes every one second no matter what the machine is doing and does not show any error codes...not even for the lid switch. As a point of reference, the contact between the magnet in the lid and the switch is not very strong. I'm not sure what normal is but it doesn't seem to be a strong connection. It's there anything else to try before replacing the motor?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 4:06:26 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You can by pass the lid switch and see if that helps. But if the motor does not turn in the agitate and spin cycles then replacing it is your best option. As I said, if you buy from this site you can return it if a new motor does not fix the problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply