Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dgdc  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 4:27:02 PM(UTC)
dgdc

Groups: Registered

This washer wont agitate or spin - everything else seems ok.

what i need to know is how to do a correct ohm test on the parts that could be the problem, especially the motor. i did an ohm test - according to another forum on the net, on my "old" timer, set on rx1, the needle moved most of the way over to the right hand side, to about 4 or 5. i thought this was incorrect, as the forum said that anything other than zero indicated a faulty timer. i ordered a new timer, and before installing it, i did the same test on it, and it actually gave the exact same reading as my "broken" timer! then i found another forum with a picture diagram of how to do the ohm test, which showed that my test actually indicated good continuity! i am sending the new timer back, unused. so that not being the problem, what else could it be?

i have the front panel off and the motor exposed. but i have no idea how to do the ohm test on the motor. the only instruction for a test on the net does not have the same wiring as mine, ie no black or blue wires???

the belt is not worn at all, and moving only in a clock-wise direction. the drum does not move a millimeter in either direction when moved by hand.

the lid switch seems to be ok - meaning it makes a clicking sound when pressed closed - yes, i have to press it down to hear the clicking sound - could that indicate a problem?

i am just about to give up on this machine but would like to at least try one last time by checking all that i can check.

thanks for all and any replies!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:12:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first failure suspect is the lid switch. There are two ways to test it. You have to remove the front panel and cut the lid switch wires. Then you check the lid switch for continuity with the lid open and closed (without pushing the lid down) or just bypass the lid switch and start the washer to see how it works.

- The part number for the lid switch is AP2620150

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE washer Model WPSR3100W2WW

Gene.
dgdc  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 6:04:26 AM(UTC)
dgdc

Thanks for your reply Gene. I read your other posts when searching for a solution and the last thing I tried was the lidswitch because it "sounded" okay - made a clicking sound when closed. When I had the door off I touched the wires running to the switch and the one just came off in my hand! So it was replaced and the washer is working fine now. Just wish I had investigated that first of all before ordering a new timer... :p:p:p
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 11:53:21 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Rodey  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:38:38 AM(UTC)
Rodey

I have a model #GTWN4250DWS that wont agitate or spin . It fills with water and pumps water out .I had the front off and the led light on the board blinks red 6 times. Any ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply