Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Squelch  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:02:21 AM(UTC)
Squelch

Groups: Registered

First off, I would like to thank all of you who assist with troubleshooting. I have found a great deal of useful information on this site. I have used the search function, but was unable to come up with a fix for my dryer.

I have a Whirlpool Duet Dryer, Model GEW9250PW0, that will not start. The front panel lights up as normal. When I push the Start button, I get a beep, the Sensing Status light comes on, the timer starts counting down, but the motor does not start running. All of the following checks have passed:
- Door switch
- Thermal fuse resistance = 0
- Belt switch
- Checked the resistance on the motor
- Thermistor resistance = 0
- Thermal cutoff resistance = 0
- Verified incoming 240V power
- Ran the diagnostic test. All switches and lights operated normally.

The only indication that differed from the troubleshooting guide was that I did not get the OE indication when the door was opened. It did beep and the light went out, but I got a code of 6E instead of OE. I did a circuit test on the door switch with an continuity tester and it passed.

I was thinking it might be the control board, but I read that if the timer counts down, this usually isn't the problem.

I'm out of ideas, other than just ordering parts and replacing until something works.

Once again, I appreciate your time helping with this.

Sincerely,
Chuck
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

hov01  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:24:34 AM(UTC)
hov01

I have been trying to resolve the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

Thanks, Mike
Squelch  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:18:07 PM(UTC)
Squelch

Originally Posted by: hov01 Go to Quoted Post
I have been trying to resolve the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

Thanks, Mike

Mike,
Yes, I found the solution to be a burnt circuit on the main circuit board. There was no indication of anything burnt initially, but following advice from another website, I pulled the circuit board out of it's holder and found a burnt spot on the back, right under the motor relay (or whatever it's called. Looks like a relay box, and says motor, but I'm sure it's not actually a relay). I bought part number 1060737 from a website called "repair ************" for $221.15. It was an easy, drop in fit and work like a dream. Here is a link to the part: http://www.********************...ol-Board/8546219/1060737

Hope this helps.
Chuck
lengerjp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:53:13 AM(UTC)
lengerjp

My GEW9250PW0 dryer would not start. Chuck's update of 03-16-2013 at 08:47 PM led me to the problem / Solution. Thanks Chuck. I removed the main control board from the plastic case that holds it. On the bottom of the circuit board I noticed a small burn spot on one connection. The connection was for the relay that clicks when the Start button (front of dryer) is pressed.
Instead of ordering a new board or relay, I cleaned and re-soldered the burnt connection. The dryer fired right up after that.

Thanks again Chuck. You saved me a ton of money. I was ready to put the dryer on Craigslist Free Stuff.

Jerry
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply