Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 8:08:15 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sqott Go to Quoted Post
For the benefit of others with this problem I had the same exact situation, pressure switch and all. So I ended up just removing all the wiring plugs from the machine control board and re-installing them. Washer spun out perfectly, so it was a poor wiring connection somewhere in that board.

Sqott,

Great !!!,

Corroded contacts and loose connections can be a bit frustarting, but once you've got them cleaned and reattached, you're usually alright for quite a while.

Here's Hoping, Good Luck
markehmark  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 7:11:05 PM(UTC)
markehmark

Groups: Registered
Canada

This just happened to me - unplug the washer, take the bottom front panel off (3 screws), unscrew the filter, and clean it. Mine had coins, metal, and plastic inside. They were decaying and plugging it up. I took it all out (use a cup to bail out the water as it will leak), clean it all up, and voila - it spins like new!

I think the water sitting inside and the rotting material created a terrible smell also that was affecting the cleanliness of our laundry.

Also, at the tube on the back for the drain, I found a couple of pieces of plastic inside it when I removed the hose.

With all of that removed, the machine works like new!

Try this way before you look at difficult parts to repair like motors or even belts, particularly if the machine agitates and/or spins on an empty load.

This was actually a lot harder to find than I thought it would be online, as other articles had me taking the back off the machine and doing a lot of work I didn't need to do in the end, so start with the filter - good luck!!!
mwr  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 10:01:55 AM(UTC)
mwr

Had the same issue as others with the Whirlpool Washer WFC7500VW2 that would not go into the high speed spin and clothes came out wet. Ran diagnostic tests and everything looked fine. The problem was intermittent, spin would sometimes work. My filter was clean.

Ended up taking off the ECO valve and drain line to the pump. Had a couple masks caught in the valve. The masks slowed the draining of the drum causing the machine to sense water in the drum so would not spin. Believe it was intermittent since the masks could move around allowing for better drainage at times. The masks slipped between the space between the rubber and stainless drum.

I had to remove the dryer, but could remove the top and front panel without removing washer.
Maytagwash  
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 11, 2021 7:59:12 AM(UTC)
Maytagwash

This drain clog post saved us a service call. Maytag 8100 wouldn’t fully spin up. Stuck at 12 min on the drain and spin cycle. Washed and seemingly rinsed fine. Two quarters were laying flat in the drain filter - I suspect during spin up the water could not be pump out fast enough and an out of balance error occurred. I may not have read the fault codes correctly- but I didn’t seem to have an codes and the service manual doesn’t appear to indicate there is a code to catch this.

Is there a code for this?

Cheers,
Mark

Edited by user Sunday, April 11, 2021 7:59:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DennisTT  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 8:20:42 AM(UTC)
DennisTT

Canada

Originally Posted by: sqott Go to Quoted Post
For the benefit of others with this problem I had the same exact situation, pressure switch and all. So I ended up just removing all the wiring plugs from the machine control board and re-installing them. Washer spun out perfectly, so it was a poor wiring connection somewhere in that board.

Originally Posted by: markehmark Go to Quoted Post
This just happened to me - unplug the washer, take the bottom front panel off (3 screws), unscrew the filter, and clean it. Mine had coins, metal, and plastic inside. They were decaying and plugging it up. I took it all out (use a cup to bail out the water as it will leak), clean it all up, and voila - it spins like new!

I think the water sitting inside and the rotting material created a terrible smell also that was affecting the cleanliness of our laundry.

Also, at the tube on the back for the drain, I found a couple of pieces of plastic inside it when I removed the hose.

With all of that removed, the machine works like new!

Try this way before you look at difficult parts to repair like motors or even belts, particularly if the machine agitates and/or spins on an empty load.

This was actually a lot harder to find than I thought it would be online, as other articles had me taking the back off the machine and doing a lot of work I didn't need to do in the end, so start with the filter - good luck!!!

I have a washer (same model, Whirlpool WFC7500VW0) that recently stopped doing the high speed spin in the normal cycles. In the diagnostic mode though, it was doing the spin fine so I was pretty sure it wasn't a mechanical issue.

I opened up the front and did the pressure sensor test with the multimeter, and I could only get the blue pair/safe level to 0Ω, not the brown pair/low level per the service manual. I was going to order another one, before reading the previous comments on this thread.

I also cleaned out the drain pump filter and the drain pipes while I had the front panel open.

So between re-plugging in the pressure sensor and cleaning the drain, it got the spin working again! Crossing my fingers hoping it will continue to work.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who left their previous experiences in the thread.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply