Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<23456>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hadi4us  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:14:23 PM(UTC)
Hadi4us

Groups: Registered

Thank you Gene.
I will order those parts.
Have a great Thanksgiving.
Gene  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 10:48:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Have a great Thanksgiving as well.

Keep us posted.

Gene.
csoak  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 5:32:41 AM(UTC)
csoak

My mother's having a similar issue with her Whirpool Imperial 70 Gas Dryer, Model# LG7801XKG0. This model was purchased by my father sometime in the 1980s. I cleaned the interior of lint and checked the vent for blockage to determine if that was the culprit. However, the dryer has no heat at all. I cannot locate a parts diagram for the model on the site, so I'm not sure if the troubleshooting process would be the same or if this model has the same configuration as the newer models. I would appreciate some guidance on this so I can hopefully repair it for her. She's a widow with limited funds.

Thanks.

C.S.
Gene  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:58:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Your model is very similar to Model LG7801XKW0

The thermal fuse is shown as #7 on the diagram.

- The thermal fuse Part number: AP3133489
Part number: AP3133489

Gene.
chepito  
#35 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 12:43:56 PM(UTC)
chepito

I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer model#11079902890 about ten years old. It will runs fine with no problems except it will not give heat at all. I checked all the possible continuity items I thought it could be. I cleaned it out of all the lint. I replaced the igniter and coils with new ones. Still no heat. The igniter does not turn on or smell gas. I used the youtube video YouTube - KENMORE DRYER REPAIR VIDEO 5 . Yes I know the video shows an electric dryer but the checking of the continuity is basically the same. Can someone please help me out. My wife is yelling at me and I can't take it anymore.:eek: She wants me to buy a new one. Unfortunately she doesn't understand the concept of "it is not in our budget right now".
adrabek  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:02:32 PM(UTC)
adrabek

Gene, I have a TGDX640JQ2 Whirlpool Estate and I am having some of the problems as stated on this forum. I have checked all continuity and all except the cycling thermo has me confused. Which terminals should you be checking acrossed on it. I get open on two of them and closed on two of them. Many thanks, BTW I really think what you do on here is great I would love to have all that knowledge about appliances, I kind of like working on them but no formal training. I have "revived" a new front load washer and dryer from a flood too that was interesting.
sangman  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:48:20 PM(UTC)
sangman

check to see if your ignitor is glowing. you need to remove front pannel to do this if not glowing replace. just had the same issue. also good time to vaccume out good.
Gene  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:01:59 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: adrabek Go to Quoted Post
Gene, I have a TGDX640JQ2 Whirlpool Estate and I am having some of the problems as stated on this forum. I have checked all continuity and all except the cycling thermo has me confused. Which terminals should you be checking acrossed on it. I get open on two of them and closed on two of them. Many thanks, BTW I really think what you do on here is great I would love to have all that knowledge about appliances, I kind of like working on them but no formal training. I have "revived" a new front load washer and dryer from a flood too that was interesting.

According to the Wiring sheet, there are seven parts in the heating circuit besides the timer. They are: high limit thermostat (#15 on the diagram), thermal cut-off (#16), cycling thermostat (#8), thermal fuse (#6), flame sensor (#49), igniter (#4 on the diagram) and gas valve coils (#13 & #14). Have you checked for continuity all of them?

The good test result for the cycling thermostat is continuity between the two large terminals. The two small terminals are for the bias heater and can not be tested with a meter.

You can find how to test the gas valve coils in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...er-runs-but-no-heat.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL TGDX640JQ2 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
P.S. Have you verified the gas coming to the dryer?
Gene  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:29:51 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: chepito Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore Gas Dryer model#11079902890 about ten years old. It will runs fine with no problems except it will not give heat at all. I checked all the possible continuity items I thought it could be. I cleaned it out of all the lint. I replaced the igniter and coils with new ones. Still no heat. The igniter does not turn on or smell gas. I used the youtube video YouTube - KENMORE DRYER REPAIR VIDEO 5 . Yes I know the video shows an electric dryer but the checking of the continuity is basically the same. Can someone please help me out. My wife is yelling at me and I can't take it anymore.:eek: She wants me to buy a new one. Unfortunately she doesn't understand the concept of "it is not in our budget right now".

You probably can use the same instructions as posted for adrabek. Post the results and we'll help you with the correct part numbers.

Gene.
adrabek  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:02:18 PM(UTC)
adrabek

Many thanks Gene, just after posting that I reread the instructions to test it all and somehow I missed the part about checking the thermal fuse FIRST. I don't know how I missed it but that was indeed the problem. Lucky enough we just had a dryer breakdown in our family and they got a new one so I robbed some of the parts off of it today and checked them and they were good so I am off to install them now. Once again thank you Gene from all of us on the message boards I think we will all agree it is very nice of you to help us out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply