Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<4647484950>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#471 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 12:47:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can force the defrost cycle by bypassing wires at the main control board, but I personally do not like it. I would let it work and just monitor it. As you described in the first post, two weeks should be enough to see how it works.

Gene.
wangsooda  
#472 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 6:40:10 PM(UTC)
wangsooda

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
I have a Kenmore side by side refridgerator, 106.53606200.
The problem happend this morning, the fridger is not cold enough. There is no problem with a freezer. There is no food blocking the air vent in both sides, but the cold air doesn't come out into fridger. Can you help me what to do?

Thanks in advance.
Gene  
#473 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 7:32:46 PM(UTC)
Gene

Check if the fan in the freezer works. If it does then replace the air diffuser (in the upper left corner in the fresh food compartment).

- The air diffuser Part number: AP3084126
Part number: AP3084126

Gene.
gakawell  
#474 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 7:42:40 PM(UTC)
gakawell

I have a GE TFX22KRDAWW a few weeks ago the fresh food side got warm. I opened the panel in the freezer section and it was a block of ice on the coils. Defrosted and also did a through cleaning of all dust around fridge. It has worked for several days and now same problem. Looking at the parts list I don't see a listing for a defrost timer for this fridge. There is a listing for a defrost heater assembly. I am thinking of going ahead and getting and replacing this. They also list a redsigned assembly, but not sure if that will fit or not. Any suggestions if I am going in the right direction.
Gene  
#475 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:25:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

The defrost timer is shown as #257 on the diagram. Before ordering any parts I would recommend to perform the troubleshooting as described on the first page of this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE TFX22KRDAWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
gakawell  
#476 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:32:58 AM(UTC)
gakawell

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The defrost timer is shown as #257 on the diagram. Before ordering any parts I would recommend to perform the troubleshooting as described on the first page of this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE TFX22KRDAWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

I had already ordered the heater before your answer. I cannot believe it arrived the very next day. I have installed it and so far it seems to be working. If it freezes up again I will try the test on the timer, I did not realize it was in the fresh food section.

Thanks for your response, this is a great website and great place to order parts. Local place said they could get me part in 7-10 days and would cost more money.
Gene  
#477 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:41:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

A bad defrost heaters is one of most common problems with GE refrigerators. I hope this repair solved the problem. Thank you for your good words and your feed back. Good luck with your refrigerator.

Gene.
Jaime Perez  
#478 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:29:12 PM(UTC)
Jaime Perez

i have a side by side ge model gss25wgmbbb it doesn't dispanse water and no ice . please help
ackscott  
#479 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 12:52:22 AM(UTC)
ackscott

Thanks Gene for your excellent explanations. I was able to diagnose a problem with my defrost thermostat. You may want to mention that it is also called a Bimetl - def. It will take a week for my part to arrive.

Is it OK to run the fridge without the metal back panel in the freezer so I can easily run the defrost by bypassing the thermostat? It also seems like the refrigerator runs constantly without stopping - could this be related to leaving the back panel off?

I have a Kenmore KBRS22KFWH0 with the freezer on the bottom.
Gene  
#480 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 1:34:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: ackscott Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Gene for your excellent explanations. I was able to diagnose a problem with my defrost thermostat. You may want to mention that it is also called a Bimetl - def. It will take a week for my part to arrive.

Is it OK to run the fridge without the metal back panel in the freezer so I can easily run the defrost by bypassing the thermostat? It also seems like the refrigerator runs constantly without stopping - could this be related to leaving the back panel off?

I have a Kenmore KBRS22KFWH0 with the freezer on the bottom.

Running the refrigerator without the back panel in the freezer affecting a proper cold air distribution in both sections of the refrigerator. You have to put it back together if you prefer not to wait till the new part arrives.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply