Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gaterman  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 1:27:20 PM(UTC)
gaterman

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
For your info. they still sell a bearing kit P# 285203 at about $40, a lot cheaper than $103 plus $25 shipping. However, it is a big job removing and installing the bearings.

these are not the right bearings for the maschine he is talking about! I ordered them as well as I have the same machine as him and they arrived today. They are the WRONG ones
knee  
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 2:09:42 PM(UTC)
knee

Is there anything complicated about the front door bellows and seal and how it attaches to the drum inside?
greenchair  
#23 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 3:36:07 AM(UTC)
greenchair

Nothing complicated. There is a very long wound steel spring that holds it in place. I believe you pull it off first. I don't remember if the spring is on the drum or door but could guess it is the drum as it would be better suited to hold it.

I hope you are going from an online assembly/disassembly tutorial.

Note, it has been a quite awhile since my project.

cheers
Rogero  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:45:20 PM(UTC)
Rogero

Finally getting back to post the end of the story. I contacted Frigidare parts dep and they said a new drum was ~ $200. When I asked about a warranty they played dumb/didn't know what I was talking about so I contacted customer service and they said the drum has a 25 year warranty and that the machine was 5 years old. It's hard to believe that the Frigidare parts department doesn't know about their own warranty or that a $600 machine would fail (apparently this is standard) after only 5 years (can you say JUNK). Anyway customer service gave me the number to a local distributor and when I contacted them they said it would be about $20 delivery charge. When the new drum came in they never asked for a delivery charge so I got the drum for FREE (yahoo). I put the new drum in without replacing the bearings as they looked and felt solid although I did give them a light greasing. I put everything back together and the washer is working fine. Let's see how long this drum lasts.
One time saver - Air tools or drill with socket attachment will be very helpful in removing and replacing the numerous bolts holding the drum together.
greenchair  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:33:55 AM(UTC)
greenchair

yes, checking is always good with so many model changes going on. If you type. I just dragged mine into a bearing shop and they gave me the ones to match.