Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mr-Glass  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:44:50 PM(UTC)
Mr-Glass

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your time and expertise! I will report back after I order and get the board installed!! Thanks again
cajunsman  
#62 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 11:32:44 AM(UTC)
cajunsman

I have the same problem, Interface Display dead. The main board was changed then the display. Nothing works. I checked the connection at the bottom of door & water in coming out of tube with wires, not good. Please help
Cajunsman
Gene  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:42:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cajunsman Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem, Interface Display dead. The main board was changed then the display. Nothing works. I checked the connection at the bottom of door & water in coming out of tube with wires, not good. Please help
Cajunsman

Hi,

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.
KJBock  
#64 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:01:24 AM(UTC)
KJBock

Gene I was hoping maybe you could help me. My GE refrigerator model is GSHS6HGDSS. I can press the display buttons and they all work, but when I select the Ice button and then push in the dispenser arm, the panel goes blank and no ice will come out (the ice maker is working). However, I can get water (bit of a delay, but it does work). After playing with it for awhile, the whole display starting going crazy with 00's flashing across the temperature control display. Waited awhile and the panel reset, but still no ice.
wgraybeal  
#65 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2014 8:07:25 AM(UTC)
wgraybeal

I have a GE Profile Model#PSS26SHRD SS and the ice and water dispenser suddenly stopped working. The ice maker still makes ice, and all of the lights are working, but when I depress the paddle to get ice or water, nothing happens. The problem seems a bit different than the others on the thread as my lights are all still working. I regularly change the filter (changed it when this problem started). Any ideas? Thanks. Wayne Graybeal
myutzy  
#66 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 4:51:13 PM(UTC)
myutzy

I have a GE psf26ngwcbb profile side by side. Dispenser not working.

I found and fixed a corroded connection (white2red) under the freezer door. Blue and Black wires were fine. I get 13v between black-white and blue-white behind the dispenser. When I do a diagnostic via the temperature controls I get an F for dispenser communication. I get flashing 0 zeros after a reset. when I check voltage and ohms eventually the 0's go away and the green lights work and even the screen works but it will not dispense ice or water. It will lift the freezer flange but will not turn the ice auger. If I set the number of water ounces to dispense the screen will animate but no water. I tried a new dispenser assembly and it acts the same. Does this mean new mainboard? Prior to finding the corroded connector my lights and screen would blink when triggered and yet sometimes work for ice and water but eventually working most of the time for water but never for ice. Then one day it stopped for water as well and all lights went out.
foxbren  
#67 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 10:15:15 AM(UTC)
foxbren

I have read all the posts in this thread. I didn't see an answer. Here is my story.

A few days after moving the fridge from kitchen to laundry room, the water dispenseR stopped working. We separated the water line at the connector at the base of the freezer door, and it was getting water from the wall when we pressed the water dispenser lever. So, I assumed it was a frozen line in the door. We used a hairdryer and got it to work (also had to replace the lever and housing because it bent after getting too hot. Parts got here from APP in 2 days!). The water dispenser worked for 4 days.

Now it won't dispense water again. I still get water from the wall to the base of the freezer door. I fed a piece of weed eater line into the water line (after cleaning it) from the bottom of the freezer door and it went 5 feet before hitting something and stopping. I also fed the line in at the dispenser and it went in about 3 inches before stopping.

Is there a valve that I am hitting with the weed eater line, or am I looking at a frozen line again?

If it's a frozen line, do the line heaters work?

The lights on the front of the freezer door work as they did before.

Thanks
foxbren  
#68 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 1:02:32 PM(UTC)
foxbren

Originally Posted by: foxbren Go to Quoted Post
I have read all the posts in this thread. I didn't see an answer. Here is my story.

A few days after moving the fridge from kitchen to laundry room, the water dispenseR stopped working. We separated the water line at the connector at the base of the freezer door, and it was getting water from the wall when we pressed the water dispenser lever. So, I assumed it was a frozen line in the door. We used a hairdryer and got it to work (also had to replace the lever and housing because it bent after getting too hot. Parts got here from APP in 2 days!). The water dispenser worked for 4 days.

Now it won't dispense water again. I still get water from the wall to the base of the freezer door. I fed a piece of weed eater line into the water line (after cleaning it) from the bottom of the freezer door and it went 5 feet before hitting something and stopping. I also fed the line in at the dispenser and it went in about 3 inches before stopping.

Is there a valve that I am hitting with the weed eater line, or am I looking at a frozen line again?

If it's a frozen line, do the line heaters work?

The lights on the front of the freezer door work as they did before.

Thanks

Update: I tried the hair dryer trick again but on a lower setting for a much shorter duration. It didn't work. I was sitting in the room with the fridge about 20 mins after trying the hair dryer, and a small amount of water shot out of the dispenser. I wasn't touching it when it happened. So now it works. I stuck the weed eater line back in from the dispenser end, and it didn't go any farther than the 1st time.

So, I am thinking this isn't a frozen line. Still need help.

Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply