Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
9x94  
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:49:28 PM(UTC)
9x94

Groups: Registered
You have been a member since:: 2/3/2012(UTC)

There have been a few people, like me, who have had similar problems. I have tried replacing the main control board, and then the dispenser display / control board. Neither one has fixed the problem, and I'm still without a water dispenser / ice dispenser. It still makes ice though.
I guess I'll have to call a tech in to fix it.

Originally Posted by: jeffropcola Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with my refrigerator. When I push the paddle to dispense ice or water the green light will stay on for a second then go out, then come back on. There is some clicking on the mother board but only for a second. Still no water or ice.(the ice maker is making ice) I replaced the door flapper solenoid as instructed by a GE tech and that was not the problem. I also noticed when I depressed the dispenser lever a fan stops running. The filter was changed before i started to troubleshoot the water/ice dispenser. Ayn ideas?
Gene  
#42 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 12:28:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 9x94 Go to Quoted Post
There have been a few people, like me, who have had similar problems. I have tried replacing the main control board, and then the dispenser display / control board. Neither one has fixed the problem, and I'm still without a water dispenser / ice dispenser. It still makes ice though.
I guess I'll have to call a tech in to fix it.

Sounds like this is the best solution in such situation. Keep us posted please.

Gene.
9x94  
#43 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:33:38 PM(UTC)
9x94

The problem with mine turned out to be a bad connection in the wiring harness which is located just below the freezer door. I guess this wire runs up to the dispenser control board. The small black connector in the harness was all corroded and it looked like it shorted.
After that was repaired it was back to normal. So I had no bad motherboard, valves, frozen lines, or any of that common stuff.

I did end up calling in a pro to fix it.
Gene  
#44 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:45:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback. It is not often we see a failed wire harness connector under the freezer door, so your post was very illuminating and instructive. It will help many other people with the similar problem.

Thanks again, and good luck with your refrigerator.

Gene.
P.S. If you kept old parts and they are still in working condition, then you probably can return unneeded parts, purchased from APP.
9x94  
#45 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:49:19 PM(UTC)
9x94

Also when I started to describe the problem the first thing the tech said was "bad motherboard." Luckily I had already done a lot of the troubleshooting for him.
I was able to return the parts I didn't need. So all I ended up paying for was the labor today, which was less than the cost of the motherboard anyways.

Thanks for your help on here Gene.
bonnessei  
#46 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:42:55 AM(UTC)
bonnessei

Hello Gene...

My problem is very similar to Ana. I just want to run it past you before I order a board.

Water works, all lights work. When you switch to either ice mode and hit the dispenser the lights go out, night light goes dim, control panel in the fridge goes blank...if the compressor is running it will even kick that off. It also will not dispense water for about 5 mins.

About 30 sec later the display will come back on.

I saw the diagnostic instructions for the LCD display; I have the other non LCD display you posted. Is there a test that can be run from that one?
Gene  
#47 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 12:38:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: bonnessei Go to Quoted Post
Hello Gene...

My problem is very similar to Ana. I just want to run it past you before I order a board.

Water works, all lights work. When you switch to either ice mode and hit the dispenser the lights go out, night light goes dim, control panel in the fridge goes blank...if the compressor is running it will even kick that off. It also will not dispense water for about 5 mins.

About 30 sec later the display will come back on.

I saw the diagnostic instructions for the LCD display; I have the other non LCD display you posted. Is there a test that can be run from that one?

Your problem sounds very different and I don't think you have to run any tests. The new main control board should fix it. If you need to confirm the part number, post the complete model number of the refrigerator.

Gene.
bonnessei  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:34:49 AM(UTC)
bonnessei

PSI23SGRC SV

Thanks for the help Gene!
Gene  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:03:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome.

The main control board Part number: AP4436216
Part number: AP4436216

Gene.
bonnessei  
#50 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:10:30 AM(UTC)
bonnessei

That was it...there was blown up electrical parts on the old board. Might be worth taking the cover off and taking a look before you order.

Thanks again Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply