Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages<12345>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nschwaber  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 12:33:43 AM(UTC)
nschwaber

Groups: Registered

I have a similar issue to the other folks in this thread.

Water dispenses fine. Ice maker makes ice sporaticlly, maybe once or twice a day. When I close the emmiter door I have no red LED. If I close the door switch at the top of the freezer the LED starts blinking.

Thanks,

Nathan
Gene  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 12:36:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Nathan,

What is the exact measured temperature in the freezer?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRG25FKSS15 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
nschwaber  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:44:01 PM(UTC)
nschwaber

Thanks for the reply Gene -

It seems that the temperature would be a simple thing to get, however modenr houshold thermomethers both mercury and digital don't go below 90 degrees.

Any suggestions?

Nathan
Gene  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:02:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Nathan,

I'm afraid there is much more serious problem than not working ice maker. Looks like your refrigerator is not cooling properly. 90°F is warmer than the temperature in the kitchen. You have to call a certified tech to check the sealed system.

Gene.
nschwaber  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:15:11 PM(UTC)
nschwaber

Sorry Gene... I think you miss-understood my reply. My freezer is not 90 degrees, infact it's quite cold. I was mearly saying that the generic household thermometers (the kind you use when your sick) don't register below 90 degrees.

So with that I was unable to answer your original question of how cold is the freezer. Other than saying everything in there is frozen properly I can't get an exact reading.

Nathan
Gene  
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 6:08:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sorry for this misunderstanding.

Looks like you have to buy a special refrigerator thermometer. They usually priced bellow $10 and you can find them at many stores.

Gene.
kfinitz  
#27 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 9:31:05 PM(UTC)
kfinitz

Similar problem here too! I have a KitchenAid side by side KSRA25ILSS03 and my ice maker stopped working all the sudden. The ice in the door works fine and I can put already made ice in the dispenser and it will dispense it from the door. When I manually close the flap on the left side the sensor light stays solid red but when I release the flap the red lite blinks twice and then off, twice and then off, twice and then off... Any ideas?:rolleyes:
melaniel  
#28 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 1:50:32 AM(UTC)
melaniel

I have a siimilar problem as well. I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator that the icemaker has quit working. When I open the door the LED flashes twice. When i close the flap on the left the LED on the right stays on. When I simulate the door closing the light goes off. Is this a bad icemaker? MOdel no. KSRW25CRSS01

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...post462462#ixzz1P9E7HrpO
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Gene  
#29 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 4:36:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: kfinitz Go to Quoted Post
Similar problem here too! I have a KitchenAid side by side KSRA25ILSS03 and my ice maker stopped working all the sudden. The ice in the door works fine and I can put already made ice in the dispenser and it will dispense it from the door. When I manually close the flap on the left side the sensor light stays solid red but when I release the flap the red lite blinks twice and then off, twice and then off, twice and then off... Any ideas?:rolleyes:

Remove the ice maker (the instructions are attached) but do not disconnect the wire harness. Check the water feeding tube for any icicles or frost inside.

If there are any, defrost it using a hair dryer.

If it is clear, remove the ice maker head cover and check for 120 VAC between the "L" & "N" test points. Make sure the test probes go in at least 1/2".

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRA25ILSS03 SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Removing the ice maker - in door ice system 2.doc (522kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
Gene  
#30 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 4:41:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: melaniel Go to Quoted Post
I have a siimilar problem as well. I have a Kitchenaid refrigerator that the icemaker has quit working. When I open the door the LED flashes twice. When i close the flap on the left the LED on the right stays on. When I simulate the door closing the light goes off. Is this a bad icemaker? MOdel no. KSRW25CRSS01

You can use the same instructions as I posted for [COLOR="Red"]kfinitz[/COLOR].

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRW25CRSS01 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply