Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LadyLeatherneck84  
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 6:57:11 AM(UTC)
LadyLeatherneck84

Groups: Registered

I did find that after I had done the previous fix it kinda worked but then had issues again. we ended up having to take the pump off, kinda a pain, but found a the previous "stuffing" that we removed from the filter in a ball the size of a superball inside the pump. Our machine does work buttttt we do have a slight drip from the pump now, so for now we purchased a drip/drain pain and put it under the machine and have some newspaper in the pain to help soak up the water since it really isn't a whole lot, just a nuisance, but at least I am able to use my machine.
murmar  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:49:14 PM(UTC)
murmar

They dont mention anything in their manual that there even is a manual water drain. They do not mention that there is a front service on the machine. No mention of a filter that needs to be cleaned from time to time. Just a garbage front loader. CRAP!!
Babszillas  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:29:05 PM(UTC)
Babszillas

Thank you so much for this info!!! It worked !!!
DRGrimes  
#24 Posted : Monday, July 4, 2011 2:26:18 PM(UTC)
DRGrimes

Wife's happy beyond belief. :rolleyes: Filter was clogged with a quarter, three small screws, and a two big chunks of lint. :eek: Hosed out the filter chamber, cleaned the fliter and screwed it back in - worked immediately.:) Seemed odd that a less-than-2-year-old washer's drain pump would crap out so soon.:mad: Front access door should have a sticker that says "Clean out the filter behind this access panel every 6-months/year." :mad:

Originally Posted by: tvfixer Go to Quoted Post
Hey Scott,
With all the items you have found in the drain I suspect you more in the pump. First thing you can do take the drain hose can blow into it without restriction. If not take lose the hoses to the pump. You might want to get some pinch off pliers to save water from going ever where or a shop vac to suck out the tub. If the pump is getting warm current is flowing to it and propeller is jammed more than likely. The front should have a couple of 1/4 screws at the corners on the front I think. should pop after removing them.
Good Luck.
Mike
Cornrish  
#25 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:07:32 AM(UTC)
Cornrish

Originally Posted by: tvfixer Go to Quoted Post
Hey Scott,
With all the items you have found in the drain I suspect you more in the pump. First thing you can do take the drain hose can blow into it without restriction. If not take lose the hoses to the pump. You might want to get some pinch off pliers to save water from going ever where or a shop vac to suck out the tub. If the pump is getting warm current is flowing to it and propeller is jammed more than likely. The front should have a couple of 1/4 screws at the corners on the front I think. should pop after removing them.
Good Luck.
Mike

HELP! First, Thank you for your post....it was VERY helpful!
Questions: When I was cleaning the drain, I found black/ gray metal and gray plastic strips. Is this normal? Is my washer falling apart?

Also...How do I test my water pump outside of the washer itself...I read a post where someone mentioned testing their water pump outside of the washer.
drujen  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:55:53 PM(UTC)
drujen

Alright I have tried everything here and my washer still does not pump the water out. It was plugged with all kinds of stuff but after I cleaned it all out I tried to run the load again and when it gets to where the pump runs it still does not pump out the water. What is the problem now?? (The pump does run) I did get one of the error codes to come up with error 23.
irondaddy44  
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:58:52 PM(UTC)
irondaddy44

hey all. ok i did just as you guys said. i cleaned the lent tray. didnt work so i took the pump out and took it apart. really didnt have much in it. i tried to spin it by hand and it was kinda hard. i tried to test it and all it did was hum. does this meen that i need a new pump? any info would great. thanks
daymie  
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:58:18 PM(UTC)
daymie

first of all id like to say that GE are some rat bastards for not including this in the maint. part of the manual. let me add this...when you take off the 3 screws to the front panel and open it, BEWARE OF THE WATER. there is a great deal of water in the drain that is coming from the TUB! also, once you clean the filter...DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO AHEAD AND CLEAN THE PUMP WHILE YOU ARE IN THERE! JUST DO IT! there are 2 screws that hold the pump apparatus inside and they are just directly under the 2 hoses on the floor panel of the machine. the screw on the right is a little tricky whereas i could not see it so i had to FEEL it and do it. putting it back will be much the same way. they (the screws) are not really near the pump itself. note the alignment for reinstallation. also note the wiring attachments. i have a black and a yellow wire. the black is wired into the hole that is closest to YOU as in the front of the washer and the yellow is attached to the hole that is closest to the back of the machine. although you have unplugged the machine itself, please wipe dry in the bottom panel all the water you spilled. its more than you think. when you take the pump out, i removed the 3 screws holding it together and separated the two pump parts. inside was slight lint, however, when i turn the blade a small piece of rock or fingernail popped out which was preventing the rotor from turning and that's why it would not drain. so, what could possibly be the issue may not be visible to the eye. simply reattached everything back the way you took it out and PRESTO you've fixed the problem. if i can do this ANYONE CAN. my mechanical skill level is equal to a gold fish folks. just take your time. you can do it and save yourself a lot of money. - dameon, houston tx 9-1-11. thanks thanks thanks everyone
irondaddy44  
#29 Posted : Friday, September 2, 2011 4:28:22 AM(UTC)
irondaddy44

my motor burnt out. i had to just replace it. was a nightmare finding the motor. really didnt want to pay top price for it. i looked on ******** and found some with diff pumps but they looked like the motor was the same. diff serial numbers but i picked it up anyways to try. bolted right up and is good to go. thanks everyone for all the great post.
dough57  
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:47:47 PM(UTC)
dough57

This thread was a big help and I did clean out the drain plug. There was only about 3 cups of water and the strainer was clogged. I cleaned the trash out and did a very small test run (rinse and spin) with a towle and short pants. The items were still soaking wet. I noticed that even though the machine was set on the fastest spin setting the drum did not spin very fast. Occassionaly the drum appeared to start accelerating but then, like me when I try to run, gave up and went back to the slow spinning. Could the problem be not spinning fast enough to get the water out rather than pump/clogged strainer problems?

Thanks In Advance

Doug
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply