Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rmgaris  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 8:15:28 PM(UTC)
rmgaris

Groups: Registered

I have a front load washer that will not drain or spin. It goes through the wash cycle and when it counts down to 28 it stops and clicks itself into pause mode. I have read the forums earlier this week and went though the advice others had given but its still not working. The washer also makes a low humming, vibrating sound.

Here is what I did:
-cleaned out filter in front of washer.
-checked hoses and pump and nothing was clogging it.
-the bilge pump past the resistance test.
-replaced the main control board because 2 resisters burnt out

Any Help is greatly appreciated. The washer is 5 years old.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:07:52 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This is a great machine, but it is way over-engineered, way to complicated and highly susecptible to electronic problems. Your failure to get it fixed is not your fault, it is GE's.

Assuming you correctly programmed the new board, you need to put the machine into service mode and see if you can generate error codes.

Unfortunately I cannot link you to the service manual, but you should have found tech notes inside the machine. If not see if you can contact GE and get the info.

Good luck
Stephjer  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:54:43 AM(UTC)
Stephjer

Mine is doing exact same thing! Same age too! How do I service test it please?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:59:10 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Stephjer

Sorry you are having a problem. Please start a new thread. If you will post your full model number and a description of what exactly the problem is, how long you have had the machine and any other problems you have had in the past someone should be able to help you.

Thanks
rmgaris  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:12:35 AM(UTC)
rmgaris

Stephjer, you can put it in service mode by taking the front panel off by the filter. You will find a piece of paper that tells you how to run it in test mode. for me, I ended up buying a new washer and dryer because the cost to repair all the issues with it was more than the replacement for a new machine. Good luck! By the way, I went with an LG top loader. I am pretty much done with front load washers. Just a note, the main control board runs about $250.00 then there were other parts that cost more money than it was worth repairing. Funny thing is that GE discontinued this washer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply