Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
heinzb  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:09:22 PM(UTC)
heinzb

Groups: Registered

Water dispenser was drippimg. I ordered from you and replaced the intake valve unit. I was very carefull to cut the 1/4 and 5/16 tubing to make a square cut (old board was the screw in type) and not to pull on the tubing in order to connect it back up. The water dispensor worked fine. The next day as I checked it I found water all over the floor. In checking the source I found water coming drop after drop from the filter housing. I used a few choice words and disconnected the tubing and removed the filter housing.
I installed new tubing as I had the housing out in my hands to make sure
it was done correctly. I reinstalled the housing, lead the tubing to the rear, cut the tubes square again and reconnected them to the valve board.
I turned the water supply back on and it leaked. The words I used probably are brand new. NOW MY QUESTION IS BEFORE I GO TO BUY A NEW FRIG IS, (which I can not afford with social security) is there a chance that the filter housing connections are bad and or that whatever seals the new filter into place is bad. Of course if I was a plumber the repair bill at this time would exceed the cost of a new frig.

Your serious comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

P.s. If I ordered a new filter housing, installed it and it would leak again
I probably would have an attack that I can not describe here.
Humor aside I would appreciate a quick response.

Thank you for your help

Heinz
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:09:24 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: heinzb Go to Quoted Post
Water dispenser was drippimg. I ordered from you and replaced the intake valve unit. I was very carefull to cut the 1/4 and 5/16 tubing to make a square cut (old board was the screw in type) and not to pull on the tubing in order to connect it back up. The water dispensor worked fine. The next day as I checked it I found water all over the floor. In checking the source I found water coming drop after drop from the filter housing. I used a few choice words and disconnected the tubing and removed the filter housing.
I installed new tubing as I had the housing out in my hands to make sure
it was done correctly. I reinstalled the housing, lead the tubing to the rear, cut the tubes square again and reconnected them to the valve board.
I turned the water supply back on and it leaked. The words I used probably are brand new. NOW MY QUESTION IS BEFORE I GO TO BUY A NEW FRIG IS, (which I can not afford with social security) is there a chance that the filter housing connections are bad and or that whatever seals the new filter into place is bad. Of course if I was a plumber the repair bill at this time would exceed the cost of a new frig.

Your serious comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

P.s. If I ordered a new filter housing, installed it and it would leak again
I probably would have an attack that I can not describe here.
Humor aside I would appreciate a quick response.

Thank you for your help

Heinz

Heinz,

Before you blow a gasket,

Try this, recheck all the new tubes for a straight cut and no burrs,insert the tube into the fitting, until they bottom out on the internal seat and then lightly tug out on the tube, to insure the internal clamp/seal is set in place.

After the connections are re made, and water is supplied to the dispenser, you'll need to run a quart or two of water out or through the dispenser, to flush any air or minor debris from the system,and then re check for leaks.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply