Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TD3  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:47:32 PM(UTC)
TD3

Groups: Registered

Moved into house and the freezer works fine but the frig is cool/warm. It had not been running for 6 mos/house empty. Lost most of my food. I have never heard a fan run. I am a single disabled father so I need to try to fix this at the least cost as poss.

Thank you for any assistance.

TD3

Whirlpool Frig-Freezer[EMAIL="tdjames@usa.com"][/EMAIL]
et1fttxkt02
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 3:34:00 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL ET1FTTXKT02 | AppliancePartsPros.com

I am assuming that the interior light works
Also that the evaporator fan, condenser/compressor fan and the compressor do not work.

Could be you are stuck in a defrost cycle.
Rotate the cam on the defrost timer (Item 4 in Section 3) with a screw diver.
There is usually a hole in the cover to let you do this.
Note: It only turns in one direction.

If the unit fires up than the defrost timer is probably bad.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 3:59:50 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

On that model, there are 2 things that normally happen. The fan in the freezer goes out, or if the door was left open, that motor will actually freeze, and stop turning. I have actually, taken the back off the refrigerator, of course unplug it first, and get a blow dryer, and heat up the motor some, and then spray a little WD 40 or lithium greese, whatever you have around the house, and then plug in the refrigerator, and try spinning off the motor. This little trick, has worked for me many times. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
TD3  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 6:31:44 AM(UTC)
TD3

The interior lights work and the fan in the back bottom works. I did notice two small rectangle holes in the ceiling - center & near rear of the
frig that have small chunk of frost/ice that is slowly melting/dripping water. I turned the cam as instructed but only 1/2-3/4 turn.
Can not notice any change.
The freezer still works great.

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL ET1FTTXKT02 | AppliancePartsPros.com

I am assuming that the interior light works
Also that the evaporator fan, condenser/compressor fan and the compressor do not work.

Could be you are stuck in a defrost cycle.
Rotate the cam on the defrost timer (Item 4 in Section 3) with a screw diver.
There is usually a hole in the cover to let you do this.
Note: It only turns in one direction.

If the unit fires up than the defrost timer is probably bad.
TD3  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 6:45:33 AM(UTC)
TD3

kayakcrzy, How do I get to the fan in the freezer?

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
On that model, there are 2 things that normally happen. The fan in the freezer goes out, or if the door was left open, that motor will actually freeze, and stop turning. I have actually, taken the back off the refrigerator, of course unplug it first, and get a blow dryer, and heat up the motor some, and then spray a little WD 40 or lithium greese, whatever you have around the house, and then plug in the refrigerator, and try spinning off the motor. This little trick, has worked for me many times. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 2:24:40 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Pull all the food out of the freezer, and then unplug it. Then you need to take the bottom off of the freezer floor. There will be a 1/4 inch screw on the front left, and one on the front right. Then remove the bottom. If you have an icemaker in there, remove it. There will be two 1/4 inch screws on the top side of the icemaker, and sometimes one on the bottom side. Remove them, and unplug the icemaker. Then there could be anywhere from 2 to 4 screws holding the back wall of the freezer in place, remove them, and the back of the freezer panel will come off. Make sure the drain pan is not frozen over under the evaporator coil. If so, defrost it too, with the blow dryer, the pour water down the drain to make sure it is clear. Do the the blow dryer trick I said to the fan and a little grease. Good Luck Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply