Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobkgl  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 10:20:07 AM(UTC)
bobkgl

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/5/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4

This unit works sporadically. It seems that as soon as I tap the control panel (cold control area) the unit stars up and works great for a while. It seems to stick in the off cycle until I tap the panel again.

Someone said the thermostat was bad or maybe the timer. Any help please
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 1:46:59 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: bobkgl Go to Quoted Post
This unit works sporadically. It seems that as soon as I tap the control panel (cold control area) the unit stars up and works great for a while. It seems to stick in the off cycle until I tap the panel again.

Someone said the thermostat was bad or maybe the timer. Any help please



Bob,

It could be a loose connection as well.

Disconnect the wires from the temperature control and defrost timer,

Check the wire ends ( terminal )for discoloration and a proper tight crimp.

If the wires are OK, start with the cold control replacement.

Part number: AP3037004
Part number: AP3037004


Have a good day,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
bobkgl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 5:56:23 AM(UTC)
bobkgl

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/5/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4

Thanks Joe. I will check it today and let you know.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 7:52:37 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: bobkgl Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe. I will check it today and let you know.



Bob,

Good deal,

Look forward to your update,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
bobkgl  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 7:40:21 AM(UTC)
bobkgl

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/5/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4

finally got a chnace to work on this unit. Bought the timer and cold control and installed both. Seems to be working fine now. I guess it was not the connections.

Thanks so much for all your help and provinding a quick place to gt the parts needed
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 8:55:00 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: bobkgl Go to Quoted Post
finally got a chnace to work on this unit. Bought the timer and cold control and installed both. Seems to be working fine now. I guess it was not the connections.

Thanks so much for all your help and provinding a quick place to gt the parts needed


Bob,

Good Job.

You're quite welcome.

We're happy to have been able to help.

:D :D :D
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.