Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
staceymots  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 12:37:28 PM(UTC)
staceymots

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5

Our dryer will run for about 20minutes, then all power shuts off for 5 minutes, when the power finally comes back on, and we turn it back on to dry, it shuts right back off, we have to wait atleast an hour for it to run for about 20 more minutes then we go thru it all again...it takes me all day to dry 1 load of clothes...:confused: :mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 1:28:46 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: staceymots Go to Quoted Post
Our dryer will run for about 20minutes, then all power shuts off for 5 minutes, when the power finally comes back on, and we turn it back on to dry, it shuts right back off, we have to wait atleast an hour for it to run for about 20 more minutes then we go thru it all again...it takes me all day to dry 1 load of clothes...:confused: :mad:


Could you please recheck and varify your model number, I could not find it in any of our research screens.

Get it from the model and serial plate on the door opening of the unit.

In general,

It sounds like you have a motor that is overheating or a low voltage problem to the machine.

But I need a proper model number to research it for you.
Thanks,
:cool:
staceymots  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 3:10:55 PM(UTC)
staceymots

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5

sorry, model # DV306LEW/XAA
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:17:05 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: staceymots Go to Quoted Post
sorry, model # DV306LEW/XAA


Thanks for the model number,

I'm still thinking you have a overheating motor at this point.

Lets try these things first :

Move the dryer out and check for a hole or tear in the flex vent .

Check for a heavy lint build up and articles that have fallen behind the machine.

Remove the top of the machine and look down on the floor and the sides of the cabinet for a lint buildup.

Unplug the machine, remove the cover where the power cord goes into the back of the machine, and check the cord connections for being loose and possible damage to the line cord.

Anything else at this point would require dismantling the machine, and using a multi meter to check circuits and resistances.

A lint build up around or in the machine would indicate lint on or in the motor causing it to overheat and shut down.

A loose connection or damage to the line cord would indicate a possible voltage problem, also causing the motor to heat and shut down.

Please drop us a line when you have done these checks and we can go from there. :)
staceymots  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:58:25 AM(UTC)
staceymots

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the model number,

I'm still thinking you have a overheating motor at this point.

Lets try these things first :

Move the dryer out and check for a hole or tear in the flex vent .

Check for a heavy lint build up and articles that have fallen behind the machine.

Remove the top of the machine and look down on the floor and the sides of the cabinet for a lint buildup.

Unplug the machine, remove the cover where the power cord goes into the back of the machine, and check the cord connections for being loose and possible damage to the line cord.

Anything else at this point would require dismantling the machine, and using a multi meter to check circuits and resistances.

A lint build up around or in the machine would indicate lint on or in the motor causing it to overheat and shut down.

A loose connection or damage to the line cord would indicate a possible voltage problem, also causing the motor to heat and shut down.

Please drop us a line when you have done these checks and we can go from there. :)



Hi Joe,
We had someone come and replace a part with part number MFS-F13DL-SO and that is not the problem either, he cleaned everything also, what else could it be. Even after replacing the part, the dryer still shuts off after 15 minutes and it cost us $185...(which i think is a rip-off):mad:
staceymots  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:17:56 AM(UTC)
staceymots

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5

Hi Joe,
We had someone come and replace a part with part number MFS-F13DL-SO and that is not the problem either, he cleaned everything also, what else could it be. Even after replacing the part, the dryer still shuts off after 15 minutes and it cost us $185...(which i think is a rip-off):mad:

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...o-hot.html#ixzz0wQ9lFa8U
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:24:49 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: staceymots Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe,

We had someone come and replace a part with part number MFS-F13DL-SO and that is not the problem either, he cleaned everything also, what else could it be. Even after replacing the part, the dryer still shuts off after 15 minutes and it cost us $185...(which i think is a rip-off):mad:





I don't see what a control board has to do with your complaint ?:(

I may be wrong about the motor, but we know that the control didn't solve the problem.

Try this first,

You may have a build up on the sensor bar in the drum back wall, or the filter housing(2 silver metal strips).

Get some alcohol on a rag, and clean those metal strips really good and try it with a load.

I hope this is it :cool: :)
staceymots  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 4:26:59 AM(UTC)
staceymots

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5

Thanks, we will try your suggestions. So, your saying the part that was fixed wasn't even something that needed to be done...(obviously)! Thanks sooo much for ur help!
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 5:11:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: staceymots Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, we will try your suggestions. So, your saying the part that was fixed wasn't even something that needed to be done...(obviously)! Thanks sooo much for ur help!


Unless, the technician saw something on the control board, I don't see how or why the control board was replaced.

There are other possibilities, like cleaning the sensor. weak motor or even a loose wire.

Good Luck:)
jonnyshaw  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 6:11:17 PM(UTC)
jonnyshaw

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/6/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2

I am at my wits end with this dryer and don't know where else to turn.

Same issue with it running 20 min and then over heating. Lint trap is clear dryer vent not blocked dryer pulled out so it has a strait shot. Replaced thermostats and thermo-fuses. Been through 2 "new" motors. Resistance of heating coil is around 10 ohms. dryer is a Samsung DV316LES/XAA please help before it ends up on the curb.
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.