Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hoang Nguyen  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:18:46 AM(UTC)
Hoang Nguyen

Groups: Registered

I got a same problem. I used LOCKING PLIERS to open special screws, easily. Found fuse blew off. Replaced new fuse, same problem next day. Some thing else.
padepede  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:03:05 AM(UTC)
padepede

Originally Posted by: padepede Go to Quoted Post
I noticed that the relay(s) click when I press the start. I assume that this means the interlock switches are working, otherwise the timer would not start decrementing, correct? What could be wrong? I still haven't figured out why the fuse popped when the unit was not even in use or how it worked for a day after I replaced the fuse. I would like to repair this unit as I also have the trim kit.

It was the interlock switches. I don't recall if it was one or two. They are trivial to replace. It's been awhile, you unscrew the panel that is behind the keypad and you will see the interlock switches. Most likely it is the topmost switch but check them all with a meter. You can either order replacements online or take them to your local electronics parts store (for example, Frys Electronics) and get replacements. I keep a few around because I had to do this again last year. The switches are inexpensive, a few dollars each I think. I have heard that stopping the oven before opening the door instead of popping the door helps keep the switches functioning longer.
R Ortiz  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 10:33:14 AM(UTC)
R Ortiz

Thank you very helpful
#24 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 9:45:21 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Replaced top interlock safety switch (goes in at an angle) and blown fuse, microwave now ready for another 15 years. The interlock switch had a broken spring inside and would not open, causing fuse to blow.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply