Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsears  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:35:20 AM(UTC)
tsears

Groups: Registered

My guess on warranty is no. I never spoke directly with GE in regards to my microwave but Sears said I was out of luck even though they'd been out 2 or 3 times to work on it and couldn't fix the problem.

I solved my problem by eliminating the switch/thermostat that shuts the microwave off in case of a fire inside the microwave. I don't recall a smell when this thermostat triggered so you might be looking at something else.

Can provide non-technical method to test this switch/thermostat if you think it might be your problem. Suggest checking the main fuse first as you should be able to tell by sight if it is bad.
hamboneUT  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:38:30 PM(UTC)
hamboneUT

I have a GE profile that just quit - exactly one year old. I don't have the special tool, so I just use a vice grip on the screw head... I don't have equipment to test the fuse, so I just pulled it out and snapped a knife in there to test.

I plugged it in and it works. I will now go find a fuse and put it back together. I probably almost killed myself, but paying 60 bucks for someone to look at it is too much for me.
padepede  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:31:56 PM(UTC)
padepede

I put in a new fuse, the oven worked for a day. Now when you press quick 30 seconds, the timer counts down but nothing happens: no light, no tray spinning and most importantly the oven does not startup. Any thoughts?
hahuja  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:46:36 PM(UTC)
hahuja

My GE profile JE2160SF has stopped heating/warming up anything. When I press 30 secs or any number, light is on, tray is rotating, unit is on, but for some reason nothing warms up. It happened all of the sudden. It is 2 years old. Any thoughts/help please??
richappy  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:53:11 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Seems like a bad relay on the control board that is not supplying 115 volts to the igh voltage transformer. Either that,or a bad high voltage diode that attaches to the high voltage capacitor.Make sure you discharge the capacitor with a jumper before checking. For safety, I allways use only one hand t check things and never two.
padepede  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:58:48 AM(UTC)
padepede

I noticed that the relay(s) click when I press the start. I assume that this means the interlock switches are working, otherwise the timer would not start decrementing, correct? What could be wrong? I still haven't figured out why the fuse popped when the unit was not even in use or how it worked for a day after I replaced the fuse. I would like to repair this unit as I also have the trim kit.
donmisc09  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:25:24 PM(UTC)
donmisc09

We have a GE profile microwave model# JE2160SF03 it does not heat the food/liquids placed in it. The turn table goes around and it sounds as if the source is operational and when the power setting is placed on 2 for example I can hear the unit cycle (operational -non-operational etc). Can something be reset this happened once before ~ 1 week ago but it corrected itself after I manipulated the key pad????
MattEvans  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:54:19 PM(UTC)
MattEvans

I have the same model and issue.. :( UserPostedImage
wally_games  
#19 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 3:53:39 PM(UTC)
wally_games

I have the same model. The light comes on when the door is opened, but there are no lights on the clock and it doesn't respond to touching any of the buttons.

When it first started doing it, you could rap the front of the MW with your knuckle just to the right of the touchpad and the clock lights would ALL come on. Then I'd hit CLEAR and I could touch one of the quick cook buttons (1 min, 2 min, etc) and it would sometimes start. Now it won't even do that.

I'm thinking a short in the touch pad wiring, but really need suggetions on taking off the cover to see.
Hoang Nguyen  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:17:17 AM(UTC)
Hoang Nguyen

Originally Posted by: dipster00 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, we were able to fix it by doing a couple things. First, we had to order special screw security bits to just open the microwave casing in order to even determine the possible cause. After doing so and being able to open the back, it appeared as though it had fused (you could tell by the bulb and surroundings). We bought the fuses from Lowes, and also changed the recepticle the microwave was plugged into. This seems to have worked so far! (knock on wood). The biggest pain was the security bits - they purposely make it so that normal screwdrivers won't work to open the back.

Hope this helps, and good luck! Let me know how it goes!

I got a same problem. I used LOCKING PLIERS to open special screws, easily. Found fuse blew off. Replaced new fuse, same problem next day. Some thing else.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply