Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrmatt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 9:06:15 AM(UTC)
mrmatt

Groups: Registered

My drum of the washer will not spin during cycle. If you turn it to a cycle and press start, it will fill, but the drum just sits there, then it will drain itself. Basically it will go through the motions of the cycle, except the drum never moves. It doesnt make any noise whatsoever, no hum from motor or anything, just silence.

Took the rear cover off, belt is intact and all connections to and from motor are tight, nothing visibly wrong with it.

I have no error codes on display either.

Thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mrmatt  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:01:54 AM(UTC)
mrmatt

anyone? at all?

Someone said the "spin switch" but I thought that was only on TL's. Plus, the door will lock and unlock so that make me believe that isnt the problem.
agscheidle  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:20:22 AM(UTC)
agscheidle

Originally Posted by: mrmatt Go to Quoted Post
anyone? at all?

Someone said the "spin switch" but I thought that was only on TL's. Plus, the door will lock and unlock so that make me believe that isnt the problem.

I get the same issue. I've rebalanced loads, emptied, etc. I get no codes to speak of, and have had the board replaced. I've gotten temporary relief by taking off the access panel on the front, and carefully unscrewing the access port (which is always full of laundry water), while shop-vac'in the water up. Sometimes when I do this, I'll get some success. I noticed that there's some sort of small motor that seems to spin a small plastic head that looks like it might help the water up the drain hose. I am wondering if this motor might be the culprit - perhaps it's bad, or has a dead spot in it?
Servicer  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 12:40:52 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

There's a device within these motors called a Tachogenerator. It's this component that the speed control board looks at to determin how to fast the motor is spinning. If this part of the motor is bad the unit will not spin. It's best to have an authorized tech dig into the unit to measure the resistance of the motor terminals and check for error codes. It could also be that the mainboard is not sending power into the speed control, or that the speed control board is bad.

KC
agscheidle  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 12:55:04 PM(UTC)
agscheidle

Originally Posted by: Servicer Go to Quoted Post
There's a device within these motors called a Tachogenerator. It's this component that the speed control board looks at to determin how to fast the motor is spinning. If this part of the motor is bad the unit will not spin. It's best to have an authorized tech dig into the unit to measure the resistance of the motor terminals and check for error codes. It could also be that the mainboard is not sending power into the speed control, or that the speed control board is bad.

KC

KC,
The problem seams intrtmittent. Still seam like a tachogenerator? Does the Nexxt 300 have a speed control board? Is it in the motor? If not, is it separate from the main control board? Can it be independently replaced? I also recently noticed that when it does this, it will unlock within a few minutes, but the unlock indicator will still show it as locked.
agscheidle  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 12:57:27 PM(UTC)
agscheidle

if you would be willing, could I call you to discuss this? If so email your # to agscheidle at gmail dot com
Servicer  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 5:50:11 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Originally Posted by: agscheidle Go to Quoted Post
KC,
The problem seams intermittent. Still seam like a tachogenerator? Does the Nexxt 300 have a speed control board? Is it in the motor? If not, is it separate from the main control board? Can it be independently replaced? I also recently noticed that when it does this, it will unlock within a few minutes, but the unlock indicator will still show it as locked.

Hello,
First, yes, all nexxt series washers have speed control boards. It's located in the back left corner of the washer and has to be gotten to by taking off the back panel. This means it can be replaced separately. I'll have to check into the unlocking issue. I don't know if I've ever seen that before, but I'll ask around.

It being an intermittent problem means it's probably not in the motor/tachogenerator. What you can do is put it into a service mode to check for error codes. I'll post the directions below:
1)With unit turned off, press and hold the two buttons to the left of the knob, (Spin Select and Delay - I think)
2)While holding those buttons, rotate the knob one to the left (Perm. Press Cold)
3)Keep holding the buttons until the display shows a P:01

Now, the way Bosch's test program works is the P:XX is the specific test, and pressing "Start/Pause" will start that test.

The tests I can recall are as follows:
P:01 - Error Code Recall
p:04 - Spin Test
P:13 - Water Valve(s) Test
P:15 - Drain Test

There are others, but these are the one's I used most ofter, therefor remember.

P:01 - Pressing start will show you an E:01 / C:0X
What this means is the E:XX is the error code and the C:XX indicates the number of times the code has shown up in the last 8 cycles. Using the spin select button will allow you to scroll through all 24 of the control errors as well as the motor codes, which are D:XX codes.
So, for example, if you see an E:21 / C:03 this means you unit felt there was too much foam (soap) inside the unit,

P:04 - Pressing start will cause the door to lock, the drain to kick it and (hopefully) the unit to agitate and go into a full speed spin. You may see an error code pop up at this point if the unit fails to spin.

P:13 Pressing starts the filling of the bleach cup. Press it a second time and the soap cup will fill with cold water. Once more and it fills the fabric softener cup. Finally, pressing it a fourth time will fill the soap cup with hot water. Hitting the spin select will cancel this test.

P:15 Press start and it drains.

So, using the directions above check for error codes and run a spin test. Post up your results and I'll see what I can make of it.
agscheidle  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:23:22 AM(UTC)
agscheidle

Here's my results:

P:01 Test These two codes are all that have a count of more than 0: d:09/C:01, d:18/C:01

P:02 Test - seems good
P:03 Test - d:18
P:04 Test - d:18
P:05 Test - Blinks "0" for a few seconds, then "7", then "1:0",
P:06 Test - All lights and display light up perfectly
P:07 Test - Displays "L:15"
P:09 Test - Displays "63", then "88"
P:12 Test - Displays "P:UP"
P:13 Test - Displays "88" for a few seconds, then "63" then "d:09"
P:14 Test - alarm just sounds til I turn it off
P:15 Test - Displays "63"
P:16 Test - Displays "21" then "20" the "d:09" error
P:17 Test - Displays "d:18"

Hope this helps! It sure helped me to see that at least it is throwing some sort of codes - too bad I don't know what the d:xx errors mean! I couldn't find them anywhere online.

Your help is much appreciated.

Andrew
Servicer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 11:29:54 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Hello,
Sorry for the delay. The D:18 states "Peak Voltage Too High", and the D:09 says "Voltage too High". Both of these to the problem being in the motor control board, but it may be best to have a servicer test the resistance on the motor to make sure it's okay.
agscheidle  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 11:36:03 AM(UTC)
agscheidle

the nearest serviced to me is over 100 miles away :-( is there a way I can check the motor resistence? Thanks so much for the help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply