Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<56789>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2022 6:47:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Saved me today! Thank you! I turned off fridge unplugged the pantry drawer. Plugged back in the fridge then the pantry drawer and presto lights back on and water ice working.
BAMBAM67  
#62 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2022 2:39:48 AM(UTC)

United States

After extensive troubleshooting on this refrigerator of mine what I was discovered was the Meat/crisper drawer on the left side has a very bad engineering flaw. I pulled the drawer out of the unit and after removing the protective sheathing on the wiring harness, I discovered that 4 of the 5 wires were broken into. These weren't cut by any means. Whomever the fine engineer that designed this thing put wiring in the drawer that once after exposure to cold temperature and repeated use of bending and flexing, the wires literally snap into. Shame one the designers of this thing. I spliced all the wires back together and everything works as advertised. I am sure this will happen again in the future but at least I know where to start.
djseto  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2022 5:42:17 PM(UTC)
djseto

United States

Thank god for this post. The day before thanksgiving and I have all the symptoms in this thread. Took out the harness and the ground wire was broken. Fixed with some heat shrink butt connectors and thanksgiving is saved. Hooray for the interwebs.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2022 5:25:43 PM(UTC)

United States

This worked for us too! Definitely great information to have! I disconnected the wiring from the door face. Thanks!
#65 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2023 7:42:38 PM(UTC)

United States

Thank you for this post! I also have the KRMF706EBS01 and ran into the same issues listed. Unfortunately, the two wires that were severed were done so where the harness enters at/behind the interior panel which made it a little more troublesome. Like above, repaired the connection and all is good now!
CLM  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2023 2:22:54 PM(UTC)
CLM

United States

Thank you, thank you, thank you !! My Kitchen Aid KRMF706ESS01 suffered from all the issues in this thread. I After reading through it all I decided to give it a try and Presto....it worked :)

I had a technician here yesterday and was told to unplug the fridge for 1s hours to "reset" and defrost because maybe that was the issue (?)

I will pass this site/forum on to anyone needing help with repairs !

Happy New Year !!!
Guest, Roger  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2023 5:54:51 PM(UTC)

United States

6 year old KRMF706ESS01 pantry wire harness failed. Unusual symptoms of "door ajar" icon flashing and chiming with doors shut, then inside LEDs off with door open. Disconnected pantry drawer plug and powered off and on, then LEDs would not go off with doors closed. Fiddled with plug and power again to finally get LEDs off with doors closed. Lastly checked harness by pulling on individual wires - 4 wires had snapped at flexing point. Status before changing harness: fridge still cooling OK, but no LED lights on with door open. With doors closed, ajar icon still on, inside lights off. Next job is to change harness
Thank you everyone for commenting.
KevinKitt  
#68 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2023 6:29:12 PM(UTC)
KevinKitt

United States

My Kitchenaid model KRMF606ESS01 lost all lights, water, ice, and pantry door settings. I tried the Service Diagnostic settings before finding this thread. The service diagnostics wasn't able to read the thermistors and door open/close sensors, and a bunch of other things.

After reading this thread I pulled the wire harness plug from the front pantry door (FYI there is a youtube on replacing the wire harness that will show you where the plug is located (https://youtu.be/3cPjHnpx7Dc look at 2:45). Turned the fridge back on and everything works which confirms the harness has a break/short in it. OBTW I have to fix this problem as the refridgerator keeps alarming that a door is open.

Thanks to all those who helped to create this thread.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2023 5:08:30 AM(UTC)

United States

I have been having the same issues, water, ice, no lights etc. I keep unplugging the sensor in the meat drawer and everything works again but only for a few days and then back to no water, lights, ice etc. Do you guys think its the wire harness or the board that needs to be replaced? thanks everyone this thread has helped a lot!
#70 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2023 8:21:54 PM(UTC)

United States

Okay so I was having the exact same issue so I figured out how to pop that display off and unplug it but the water still won’t work. Any ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply