Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<89101112>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#91 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 12:47:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
May as well add my washer to the fucking list. They should do a total recall on this because whoever had that bright idea to make it stupid and hate to admit but we are just as stupid for buying it. Should have kept my ol faithful kenmore from decades ago😒
#92 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2022 4:02:38 AM(UTC)

United States

Yes I have had my Maytag top loading washing machine going on 3 years and when I went in last week to the laundry room, the lid hinge had broken through the plastic part of the glass lid! The Maytag company also quoted me over 400 to replace! KAY White, Johnson City, TN
#93 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2022 1:26:00 PM(UTC)

United States

My broke too and I'm done buying new door/hinges so I just ghetto fixed mine. Thought I would share in case anyone is interested in doing the same. I don't have pictures but hopefully this all makes sense. On the door itself - I cut off the part that sticks out and catches the lock when its shut (going to refer this as the MALE end) The MALE end has a magnet in it that is inside it and is used as a sensor to know if the door is closed or not. I then cleaned the part of the washing machine where the latch goes into - going to refer this to the FEMALE end. Make sure the FEMALE end is really clean and then take some hot glue and insert some on the FEMALE and MALE end. Insert the MALE end into the FEMALE end and let the glue set. Once the glue is set you can release and test it out. Now the latch will think the door is closed because the magnet is there tricking it. Now you can start the washing machine door closed or open - and it won't throw an error anymore cause it always thinks the door is closed. Because what was happening was the hinge would break and as the washing machine was running the door would slowly start to open causing the magnet to move away from the sensor and causing the error. Now if the door moves - it still thinks the door is fully closed and continues on. I did this because figured if it didn't work - then I wasted a door that was already broken anyways. Hope it works for you!
#94 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 12:04:56 PM(UTC)

United States

Thanks to everyone else that have shared their accounts.

A year ago our lid broke at the left hinge and because we had a warranty, got it replaced, no questions asked. The repair tech even agreed with me that it is a bad design and cheaply made. Well it broke again a couple weeks ago, same spot, and this time the repair tech said they’re not going to fix it because it’s our fault and we are negligent. Unbelievable, what corrupt a-holes. This is just the beginning. We’ll be fighting back and I’ll follow up here with details as they become available. Thanks again.
#95 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 12:05:49 PM(UTC)

United States

Thanks to everyone else that have shared their accounts.

A year ago our lid broke at the left hinge and because we had a warranty, got it replaced, no questions asked. The repair tech even agreed with me that it is a bad design and cheaply made. Well it broke again a couple weeks ago, same spot, and this time the repair tech said they’re not going to fix it because it’s our fault and we are negligent. Unbelievable, what corrupt a-holes. This is just the beginning. We’ll be fighting back and I’ll follow up here with details as they become available. Thanks again.
#96 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 12:37:37 PM(UTC)

United States

The first year of purchase we had to replace the lid $ 400 then each year afterwards have had to replace same part. I’ve emailed, called and virtual chat with Maytag only to get my issue/complaint out and they purpose disconnect, either say connection lost or tell me they are gonna transfer me to the appropriate person after speaking to me for 30 mins or longer about my issue only to hang up after transferring me. We could have bought another appliance for the money we have spent on repairs. Maytag needs to honor their products and replace these machines with another that does not have defective parts. I also emailed, called and screen shots of contacts only for Maytag to never respond back. Even the appliance repair center has said Maytag needs to honor their products. Help please!fed up with them hanging up on me. We replaced lid 3xs and the last time wasn’t even 4 months ago. Left hinge on lid same spot. If anyone has had luck with Maytag on this defect please contact me at reneeh@eoys.org. They shouldn’t be able to get by with this, STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCTS MAYTAG

Edited by user Tuesday, June 7, 2022 12:53:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added how many times part has been replaced

#97 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 1:20:28 PM(UTC)

United States

Mine lid is cracked on the inside by the hinge and the other side is starting to crack. My washer is 19 months. I contacted Maytag with no response yet. Has anyone had any resolution with them? I’m not paying hundreds of dollars to replace that lid and have someone fix it when it’s only 19 months old and I use it once a week for two loads. Thanks
#98 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 2:13:34 PM(UTC)

United States

I've the same issue except my cracking at the right side. In the last 2 years, every 6 months it cracked. I've to pay extend warranty $175 per year since I bought it 2 years ago, so they came and replaced it free. I am tired of it so just thinking after the current warrant expire, I will get a new one with different brand and stop paying the warranty and waste time to call the service technician!
#99 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 1:29:27 PM(UTC)

United States

having the same problem!! how is it not a recall ?? @maytag
#100 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2022 1:57:16 PM(UTC)

United States

Same issue here. Left hinge has broken a little more than two years into owning it despite babying the machine. Called Maytag and was told the only solution is to buy the door for more than half of what the cost of the machine was/is. Ludicrous.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply