Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<678910>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#71 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2022 4:11:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Same problem. Bought a new lid for $300. Installed it and it cracked in same spot after one use
J Johnson  
#72 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 7:56:21 AM(UTC)

United States

Same problem, left side plastic broke at hinge within 2 years. Design issue due to high stress points. I called Maytag and they told me they were not aware of the issue, although between Maytag, Whirlpool, and Roper there are thousands. Youtube full of videos documenting issue showing the repair. Entire lid assembly has to be replaced since the plastic bottom piece of the lid is not available as a separate part. Also problem with hinges, which are also poorly designed and wear at location where installed. I will never purchase a Maytag, Whirlpool, or Roper product again. Company will not support its product, or admit to flawed design.
#73 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 6:10:53 AM(UTC)

United States

You can add me to the list. Happy to see this issue wasn't just me. If there is any collective action taken, I'd be willing to be a part of it. I'll continue to check back.
Debb  
#74 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 8:00:46 AM(UTC)

United States

Same exact issue here. Washer is about 2 years old and cracked at the left door hinge. It will not lock to start the cycle unless I hold it down. The it beeps/alarms when the cycle is done until in I open the lid because it cannot lock and unlock due to the damaged hinge. They said it would be over $4oo to replace and the lid is on backorder. I'm calling Maytag to complain because this is ridiculous with the same exact issue happening to so many people. THIS SHOULD BE A RECALL AND BE COVERED BY MAYTAG.
#75 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 11:45:22 AM(UTC)

United States

Home depot denied the claimed. They said it us not A mechanical or electrical issue.4/10/2022
I repaired it twice since I bought 2019. It failed about less than 1 year after purchased, 2nd time about 6 months later, both times repaired by the manufacture, now the Home depot repair does not cover the plastic lid on the left side. Not worth repairing.

Edited by user Monday, April 11, 2022 11:50:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#76 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 2:11:29 PM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
We've had the same issue. We're looking for our third replacement. The last one only lasted a few months. We order the part and replace it ourselves. They say not to leave the top up but putting it down hasn't helped. We need a class action lawsuit. How does one start?

Well leaving the lid UP releases tension on the spring loaded hinges there for putting no torque on the cheap plastic, whoever told you that line hasn’t taken one apart! I’m about to remove the springs up underneath and just let the lid flip up and down w/no control(dampening) I’m Gorilla Gluing the plastic where the hinges attach so hopefully the lid will lock when starting a cycle. Terrible design!!! And I’m NOT buying a $300 new lid only to have it break again!
#77 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2022 8:17:36 PM(UTC)

United States

Same left hinge issue for me too. Thought I'd check the price of a new lid thinking maybe it would be around $100 to replace. They have the audacity to charge nearly $300 for this faulty piece of crap.
#78 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2022 5:04:12 PM(UTC)

United States

You can add one more person with the same issue here. Crack in the lid at the left hinge. We bought the washer in early 2019, had to have the lid fixed once about 14 months later, and now it's happened again. We would just rig it but we have renters soon. We recently got a home warranty but they wouldn't cover this type of issue. So frustrating! The washer is in good condition other than the lid breaking.
#79 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 1:10:31 PM(UTC)

United States

Anybody have a connection to a class action attorney?
It’s time to go to court.
#80 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2022 1:15:56 PM(UTC)

United States

Anybody have a connection to a class action attorney?
It’s time to go to court.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply