Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<34567>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 7:49:30 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm on my 4th one in two years too. This is clearly a known issue.
#42 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 10:22:26 AM(UTC)

United States

I have the same exact issue on my second broken hinge and not a lid in the world available to buy.
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 8:10:34 AM(UTC)

United States

I have the same problem. Washer is less than 2 years old. Also had a problem with the washer not working less than a year. I will never buy Maytag again
Betsy Flahive  
#44 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 8:55:27 AM(UTC)

United States

Maytag Bravos Washing Machine only about 1 1/2 years old - Top loading Lid started cracking at the plastic hinges. It finally broke completely off. Replacement lids are about $400. I read several reviews where this has happened repeatedly even after replacing.

SAVE your money on a replacement lid - I pulled the broken hinges off (Slide the pins out of the holes when the lid is open) and now I take the lid off manually and load the clothes. After clothes are loaded, I set lid on top again to wash. Not ideal, but better than paying almost $400 for a replacement lid that is likely to break again.

If anyone has resolve to Maytag covering under a warranty or due to poor workmanship, please email me at Betsyflahive@yahoo.com

Edited by user Friday, January 28, 2022 9:02:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: More details to provide

#45 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 7:50:38 AM(UTC)

United States

Same issue - on 2nd lid in 2yrs. - canned response from Maytag - Not addressing the issue!
#46 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2022 9:26:01 AM(UTC)

United States

Same has happened to us. My son unfortunately bought this washer and loved it so we bought one too. Then his first lid cracked. He had bought the extended warranty and after 4 broken lids the warranty (Best Buy) bought him a new washer (Samsung). What can we do if we it isn’t under warranty any longer
#47 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2022 10:33:39 AM(UTC)

United States

I’m having the same problem with mine. Called to get it fixed through my house insurance. Maytag is supposed to be the best, guessing they messed up on this design. At first my washer would stop before the cycle was through, than it would stop during rinse cycle. Now just tried to use the washer today and I see that the lid is up and washer would work, so I put a case of water on top where the hodge is broken and at least I can wash now until they come and fix it. Quick fix for me instead of let all the clothes pile up. Lol
#48 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2022 10:35:09 AM(UTC)

United States

I’m having the same problem with mine. Called to get it fixed through my house insurance. Maytag is supposed to be the best, guessing they messed up on this design. At first my washer would stop before the cycle was through, than it would stop during rinse cycle. Now just tried to use the washer today and I see that the lid is up and washer would work, so I put a case of water on top where the hodge is broken and at least I can wash now until they come and fix it. Quick fix for me instead of let all the clothes pile up. Lol
#49 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2022 10:37:28 AM(UTC)

United States

#50 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2022 10:39:24 AM(UTC)

United States

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply