Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eric D  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 12:22:30 PM(UTC)
Eric D

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey all,

Did a quick search and didn't find much on this particular model in regards to troubleshooting.

I have a Jennair JEC9530ADW - The front right burner is a Dual element or "Custom Control" burner. Probably about a month ago it just stopped working.

First glance I figured the element was bad because when I turn the knob in either direction, the power indicator light comes on and the cooling fan.

Ordered a replacement element, swapped it out...still nothing. I hooked my multimeter up and I can see power going to the element(120v), and could see power on the switch. However, I had no good way of testing the relays.

I did manage to get the big burner to come on for a second...not sure how...but it came on. turned it on before it got too hot. Put it all together, reinstalled...turned the knob and again nothing.

Ordered a replacement infinite switch, swapped it out...again nothing. The power indicator light comes on, fan comes on, just no element. Hooked the multimeter up and I see power again (120v) at the burner when it is on.

All the other burners work fine.

Thoughts on what I can check next? I'm really at a loss after replacing the two main parts I thought it could be.

Edited by user Monday, November 1, 2021 12:52:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.