Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zadison  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:39:48 PM(UTC)
Zadison

Groups: Registered

It works!
I took the timer off again and this time I used sandpaper on the burnt contact. I also used contact cleaner and sprayed it clean with compressed air. The sandpaper did the trick and now the washer works fine!
Thanks for all of your help.
richappy  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:50:30 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Make sure you used non-residue contact cleaner, or some contacts will gum up. You are fortunate the only problem was contact contamination, but congrats for a job well done.
Patty216  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 9:28:14 AM(UTC)
Patty216

Hello - I see that the previous poster had the same exact problems as I am experiencing and wonder if I could get some advice. I replaced both the water level switch and the timer with brand new parts and the problem is not fixed. What next? Thanks.
Nancine  
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 3:43:48 PM(UTC)
Nancine

Kenmore washer agitates while filling and then sprays water while spinning
jimsimon  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:48:46 PM(UTC)
jimsimon

This is a great thread as I am having the same issue. All the suggestions are very helpful.

What I am wondering is if the machine will continue to function even though it is starting with this issue? I've run a load through and it seemed to work fine except for the agitating while filling.
NMRawker  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 11:36:54 AM(UTC)
NMRawker

Originally Posted by: Zadison Go to Quoted Post
I tried the vinegar with the turkey baster...didn't work. I also checked the tube again and it was clear.

I still have the same problem: agitates while filling, fills with water (and drains at the same time) during the spin cycle.

Help!

I'm having the same problem with water standing after spinning, then a new load and it agitates while filling. I have not replaced the "level" switch, saw your post and was interested in knowing if you were able to resolve the problem all together. ???
Thanks!
NMRawker  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 12:24:55 PM(UTC)
NMRawker

Originally Posted by: joekecc Go to Quoted Post
You can download the parts documentation from Whirlpool from the link below which shows where the auto-sensing part is located.

http://shared.whirlpoolc...List%20-%20W10222396.pdf

It's the whole piece behind the Fabric Softener dial which is the third dial from the left and it's held in place by a small platic tab without any screws. The auto-sensing part is not covered and it's visible once you have the control panel loose so you can look behind it. My old switch's plastic tab broke off when I was taking it off, but luckily it didn't matter since it was defective. You should be careful when putting the new part back on so the tab doesn't break off like it did on my old part.

I had to do something else before I put the washer back together. I had to tighten the screws (part #18) shown on pages 1 and 2 in the pdf documentation above, because one of them was almost all the way out and one already fell off. Either they came loose because of vibrations or my washer already had a service done prior to us purchasing the home this past June. If it's the latter, then whoever did the service did a crappy job since the control panel wasn't even locked in properly on the right side, i.e. one of the wiggly metal pieces wasn't in place to hold the control panel to the top.

Good luck with your repair.

I went to Whirlpool's web site to see what they charge for
W10177795 the auto sensing part and as of January 2013 they want $83.26 for the part!
Whodatiz  
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 4:42:28 AM(UTC)
Whodatiz

I had the same problem as the OP where my Whirlpool washer was agitating while filling. If you're in a pinch, I found that running the "Quick Wash" cycle at the bottom of the knob rotation allowed it to spin after washing which wasn't happening on the other cycles. All the other cycles left the clothes sopping wet because of the agitating while filling problem.

Anyway, I was fortunate to locate a used W10177827 Whirlpool timer on ********, so I replaced the old timer because most online fixes said it was that. It still didn't fix the problem, but hey, I have two timers now! The hardest part was getting the damn knob off.

My next step was to try the turkey baster/vinegar trick with the water level switch hose, and bam, it worked! It's pretty easy to get to, and I'm glad I tried it before buyng a replacement water level switch. I popped the control panel off, disconnected the hose, dribbled some vinegar into it, and blew into the hose after a couple minutes. I think there was some sort of blockage because I could feel the pressure change as well hear the sound change down in the tub as I blew air into the tub.

All cycles are working normally now. Thanks for the tips!
nprenger  
#29 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2014 5:42:02 PM(UTC)
nprenger

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
I would pull the plastic tube from the tub and blow in it. Water level switch should make a clicking sound. If not, you have welded contacts in it. If it clicks, in now might work.If not, replace it.

Thanks for the discussion, guys - especially richappy! This thread helped me diagnose and replace a failed fabric softener switch in our home washer on my own. Total cost was $62 for the part shipped next day air. I'm guessing you saved me at least $100 compared to having a repair man fix it! Thanks again!

nprenger
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 1:21:23 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks for the tip joekecc, I replaced the contact switch behind the fabric softener knob and the problem is solved. I have a Kenmore 800 series model #110.29832801
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply