Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DionJ  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 9:47:07 AM(UTC)
DionJ

Groups: Registered

Just replaced the main control board with oem WH18X26234 and all lights blink rapidly. I have read here that the problem is often due to the new board not having been set with the jumper wire from the old board. However, my old board did not have a jumper wire or plug and I have double checked that all plugin connectors are properly placed.
I had an appointment with a GE tech but they did not show up.
The machine is just over a year old so maybe the board has to be flashed with a code?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DionJ  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 10:18:27 AM(UTC)
DionJ

As an update tothis I find that when I push the pause/start button,the blinking ceases and the display show 3 and if I push it again it changes to 2, and again it goes back to 3, and so on. When in this state, pushing the power button does nothing.
Hope this might mean something??
Gene  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:33:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello, DionJ.

How did you find this part number (WH18X26234) for the control board?

Per GE the control board for the washer with the model number you posted (GTW680BSJ0WS) is no longer available.
DionJ  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 5:10:12 PM(UTC)
DionJ

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hello, DionJ.

How did you find this part number (WH18X26234) for the control board?

Per GE the control board for the washer with the model number you posted (GTW680BSJ0WS) is no longer available.

That part # was provided by GE and was shipped by them. Also it is the same board as was in machine originally.
DionJ  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:15:43 PM(UTC)
DionJ

Originally Posted by: DionJ Go to Quoted Post
That part # was provided by GE and was shipped by them. Also it is the same board as was in machine originally.

You are probably right! I think what I have is a used board as it arrived packed in bubblepak, unsealed and not in a poly bag, whereas other GE parts I have received in the past have been in a sealed bag with a blue GE logo imprinted.
Maybe this has changed, but every computer motherboard I have bought has always been in an anti static sealed bag.

Now I will give you the rest of the story...
GE Washer started to fill, but after a few seconds, everything stopped and after two minutes panel message was "end".
Booked service call with GE factory service.
Tech arrived and plugged in his diagnostic device which showed a faulty control board. As he did not have a replacement in his van he told me he would have to order one and would return at the end of week to install.
Return visit appointment was set for following Saturday.
Saturday came and went with no show.
Contacted GE service who could not explain why appointment was not kept, but a new appointment was scheduled for the following Monday.
On that Monday I called GE at 7 am to confirm that the tech would be coming that day, and was told that he would.I asked that if it was cancelled that this time they notify me asap. Was told they would but that they would definitely be there.
Monday comes and goes with no tech showing up and no phone calls to explain why not, but when I complain they schedule another appointment for Wednesday.
On Tuesday I open the "new"control board and install it as I needed to do some washing and was not confident that they would even show up the next day. However that board did not fix problem as all lights kept flashing, so double checked all the connections and found everything to be correct.
I then try to verify the appointment for Wed and was told on the phone that it was confirmed. I then received an email regarding that which stated appointment was confirmed and to click a link to view details.When I did so there was no mention of the Wednesday appointment but it showed Friday.
At that point I thought I was going to lose what little sanity I had left, so I cancelled that appointment. I have had it with GE and never want to buy anything from them again. I have just ordered a Kenmore and hope that will resolve the matter. Scrapping a washing machine with less that two years 10 day use goes against the grain, but I now admit defeat.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:29:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Very sad story.

BTW, Kenmore does not make any products. They buy it from different manufacturers and just rename it. That means your new Kenmore washer can be made by GE. Get in touch with Sears and verify manufacturer.
DionJ  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:40:36 PM(UTC)
DionJ

GE have still remained unresponsive to this issue and I have had no reply to my email to them when I asked how I should return the control board, nor have I received a bill for it anyway. Yes, I was careful in making sure that I did not inadvertently buy another GE under the Kenmore name brand. I bought Kenmore model# 110.22352510, which is made by Whirlpool. The quality of the wash is like night and day compared to GE. We were never happy with that wash but thought all washing machines were bad these days because of the removal of the agitator. However this Kenmore has an agitator, just not as big as the older machines! We did have a problem with the Kenmore following delivery and called their service who gave us an appointment 2 days following.
Obviously. were thinking not again and will they show up. They called the day before and confirmed just like GE but in this case they actually showed up.:)
Problem resolved and they called back day after to make sure everything was ok! Not only was their machine a better wash by far but their service was fantastic. I know anything is good compared to GE, but this was fantastic.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply