Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kampkand  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:07:33 PM(UTC)
Kampkand

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Kampkand, did you make sure the cover/support plate isn't warped or damaged and evenly tightened when mounted to the tub, check to make sure the magnets in the rotor didn't get dislodged, and make sure the RPS sensor is properly installed and secured to the stator.
Make sure the mounting bolt is installed and seated seated tightly, then check the wiring between the sensor and the control board for any twists, tweaks, kinks or frayed marks/areas, or loose, corroded connections at both the sensor and the control board. .

Hi Joe thanks for the reply.
The magnets are not damaged or dislodged, there was however lots of carbon dust on the inside of the cover. I cleaned that all up and checked all the connections on the rotor all seemed to look good. I even removed the sensor from the rotor and reinstalled it.

I did notice when I put the rotor cover back on, that the bolt is as tight as I can get it, but there is still movement on the cover. Not sure if that is normal.

I did check the wires, mostly where the top privets they had a bit of wear on them, but the insulation was not broken. Tomorrow I'm going to do a contennuity test on the wires.

There isn't any corrosion on the connectors.

As far as I can tell, the cover/support plate is not warped and is evenly tightened. I did notice at first that it was not seating properly after the water drained and the tub was not floating anymore. I took it apart and put a bit of lubricant on it and that seemed to help.

So I did the C0 test twice and it passed both times. I also did a manual spin test and it spun no problem. So I thought I would try a load of laundry and when it gets to the wash cycle it try's to turn the rotor and it's all jerky and then the f51 code comes.

I really don't understand what's going on.
Joe / APP Team  
#42 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 5:36:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kampkand Go to Quoted Post
Hi Joe thanks for the reply.
The magnets are not damaged or dislodged, there was however lots of carbon dust on the inside of the cover. I cleaned that all up and checked all the connections on the rotor all seemed to look good. I even removed the sensor from the rotor and reinstalled it.

I did notice when I put the rotor cover back on, that the bolt is as tight as I can get it, but there is still movement on the cover. Not sure if that is normal.

I did check the wires, mostly where the top privets they had a bit of wear on them, but the insulation was not broken. Tomorrow I'm going to do a contennuity test on the wires.

There isn't any corrosion on the connectors.

As far as I can tell, the cover/support plate is not warped and is evenly tightened. I did notice at first that it was not seating properly after the water drained and the tub was not floating anymore. I took it apart and put a bit of lubricant on it and that seemed to help.

So I did the C0 test twice and it passed both times. I also did a manual spin test and it spun no problem. So I thought I would try a load of laundry and when it gets to the wash cycle it try's to turn the rotor and it's all jerky and then the f51 code comes.

I really don't understand what's going on.

Kampkand, Sounds like you've done everything correctly. now the problem has moved to the agitation cycle. So now you'll need to check the drive hub on the tub and drive shaft, make sure there aren't any burrs or rounded edges, distortion on the "teeth". Also check and make sure the tub "floats" it should rise approximately 3/8 of an inch, in order to clear the drive hub and agitate. If or when there is a "drag" on the motor, the control can flash the F51 code. If the control board doesn't see the proper data from the sensor, in the proper amount of time, it can cause an error code.
Kampkand  
#43 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:43:03 AM(UTC)
Kampkand

Kampkand, Sounds like you've done everything correctly. now the problem has moved to the agitation cycle. So now you'll need to check the drive hub on the tub and drive shaft, make sure there aren't any burrs or rounded edges, distortion on the "teeth". Also check and make sure the tub "floats" it should rise approximately 3/8 of an inch, in order to clear the drive hub and agitate. If or when there is a "drag" on the motor, the control can flash the F51 code. If the control board doesn't see the proper data from the sensor, in the proper amount of time, it can cause an error code.

Joe, I took the hub apart and looked at it. It didn't seem to be distorted but looked a bit rounded on the part that you screw to the tub. I did notice that there is a bit of play on the piece that goes onto the motor shaft. I put it all back together and stated a load and the tub is defiantly floating and disengaging, but it still isn't working correctly. I'm still getting the F51 error.

I took a sort video of what it is doing when its trying to agitate. It sounds like something is slipping, hopefully this helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6c74i3gizprjqz/IMG_1456.MOV?dl=0
Joe / APP Team  
#44 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:56:13 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, I took the hub apart and looked at it. It didn't seem to be distorted but looked a bit rounded on the part that you screw to the tub. I did notice that there is a bit of play on the piece that goes onto the motor shaft. I put it all back together and stated a load and the tub is defiantly floating and disengaging, but it still isn't working correctly. I'm still getting the F51 error.

I took a sort video of what it is doing when its trying to agitate. It sounds like something is slipping, hopefully this helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6c74i3gizprjqz/IMG_1456.MOV?dl=0

Kampkand, Yes, it does sound like something Is slipping. How much play is in the inner hub on the drive shaft ? Did you notice any white or gray shavings in the tub or on the splines of the drive shaft, when you tore it down to replace the shaft and bearings ? It sounds like the hubs aren't meshing properly and slipping.
Kampkand  
#45 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 1:20:50 PM(UTC)
Kampkand

Kampkand, Yes, it does sound like something Is slipping. How much play is in the inner hub on the drive shaft ? Did you notice any white or gray shavings in the tub or on the splines of the drive shaft, when you tore it down to replace the shaft and bearings ? It sounds like the hubs aren't meshing properly and slipping.

So when I took it apart the first time, the hub was full of slimy soap. I didn't notice any shavings. The play is maybe 1/16", looking at it i wouldn't say it could slip. I guess once you add all the weight...

So I guess if it isn't slipping on the hub, it would be slipping on the rotor cover. That seemed to be tight though.

Here are some pics and a video..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qblom...zdkoze/IMG_3979.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1ajpm...1jrlg1/IMG_3980.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6p78d...akx9lx/IMG_3981.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6p2if...zqctep/IMG_1458.MOV?dl=0
Joe / APP Team  
#46 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 5:45:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

So when I took it apart the first time, the hub was full of slimy soap. I didn't notice any shavings. The play is maybe 1/16", looking at it i wouldn't say it could slip. I guess once you add all the weight...

So I guess if it isn't slipping on the hub, it would be slipping on the rotor cover. That seemed to be tight though.

Here are some pics and a video..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qblom...zdkoze/IMG_3979.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1ajpm...1jrlg1/IMG_3980.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6p78d...akx9lx/IMG_3981.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6p2if...zqctep/IMG_1458.MOV?dl=0

Kampkand, Don't see anything to excessive or too surprising. But we do know that something is "slipping" by the sound and view from the video.
With the new shaft and bearings, and the checks at the sensor and wiring, all being Ok, you may want to consider a new drive hub kit.
Kampkand  
#47 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 7:06:35 AM(UTC)
Kampkand

Kampkand, Don't see anything to excessive or too surprising. But we do know that something is "slipping" by the sound and view from the video.
With the new shaft and bearings, and the checks at the sensor and wiring, all being Ok, you may want to consider a new drive hub kit.

Thanks Joe, I did order one of those yesterday, just waiting for it to arrive. I will let you know if it fixes the problem.
Joe / APP Team  
#48 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 12:32:38 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks Joe, I did order one of those yesterday, just waiting for it to arrive. I will let you know if it fixes the problem.

Kampkand, Great !! appreciate it .

Yes, Please let us know what happens. Thanks again
Kampkand  
#49 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 2:47:01 PM(UTC)
Kampkand

Kampkand, Great !! appreciate it .

Yes, Please let us know what happens. Thanks again

Joe, I received the hub kit today, and it was a lot tighter when I installed it. however I'm still getting F51. It doesn't slip anymore, but it is still doing the jerking when it's trying to agitate the load.

I'm wondering now if it is the sensor, although the resistances are within the range specified on the service sheet.

here's another video of what it's doing, it won't run very long before it codes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/luwxwc...dcpsuj/IMG_1459.MOV?dl=0
Joe / APP Team  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:02:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, I received the hub kit today, and it was a lot tighter when I installed it. however I'm still getting F51. It doesn't slip anymore, but it is still doing the jerking when it's trying to agitate the load.

I'm wondering now if it is the sensor, although the resistances are within the range specified on the service sheet.

here's another video of what it's doing, it won't run very long before it codes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/luwxwc...dcpsuj/IMG_1459.MOV?dl=0

Kampkand, That's a very likely possibility. You've checked or repaired everything else. it's a "sensitive" part and doesn't take much for it to malfunction. You would want to consider the Part number: AP4327312
Part number: AP4327312

that way you get a new wire harness, sensor and cover. Make sure you install all the parts. That way you have checked cleaned and repaired the drive system, and it should be quite awhile before you need anything else.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply