Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 5:16:40 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pitwoman Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, but I have it all together again. I just can't manage to stretch the spring wire clamp enough to get it around the bellow. Might there be a tool that would help, or some hint besides screw drivers as aids to pull the spring open? I'm tempted to see if there's a slightly larger wire clamp or one with a more giving spring. It came off, so I know it must be able to go back on. I just haven't been able to do it after hours of trying and even with the help of an extra pair of hands to try to hold it in place.

Pitwomwn, Great !!! Glad to hear your machine is up and running. Yes there are tools available for the replacement of the bellows/boot. A couple of the manufacturers make a "specialty tool(s)" for the purpose, and some automobile parts supply stores carry similar tools that will serve the purpose. But, since a boot replacement isn't that common a repair, most servicers go at it with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers. Most everyone has their own way of doing a repair.
pitwoman  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 5:45:40 AM(UTC)
pitwoman

Groups: Registered

The saga continues!! I'd finally got a pair of hands to help and wrestled the clamp on. Ran a test rinse and got pouring water! Seems I brilliantly poked a whole in the bellows. STUPID or what? The bellows I received had indentations where the old one had holes so, after reading on a few sites that other customers had the same problem and had to cut the holes out, I figured that's what I needed to do. But, I did it after I'd got the bellows on the back part and must have nicked too far into one of them. OUI. So, now I found Sugru, which is a patch that, after curing 24 hours, is supposed to turn into permanent rubber. A few hours to go, so we'll see. Otherwise, I'm back to square one and will have to buy another bellows! An expensive mistake. I'll keep you posted.
Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 7:50:58 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

The saga continues!! I'd finally got a pair of hands to help and wrestled the clamp on. Ran a test rinse and got pouring water! Seems I brilliantly poked a whole in the bellows. STUPID or what? The bellows I received had indentations where the old one had holes so, after reading on a few sites that other customers had the same problem and had to cut the holes out, I figured that's what I needed to do. But, I did it after I'd got the bellows on the back part and must have nicked too far into one of them. OUI. So, now I found Sugru, which is a patch that, after curing 24 hours, is supposed to turn into permanent rubber. A few hours to go, so we'll see. Otherwise, I'm back to square one and will have to buy another bellows! An expensive mistake. I'll keep you posted.

Pitwoman,

Good Luck !!!, we haven't heard of the product you mentioned but there are lots of similar products out there.
We'll keep an eye out for your next report post, we'll appreciate it. Thanks
pitwoman  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:36:55 PM(UTC)
pitwoman

It's been over 5 months since I used Sugru on the holes in the gasket and, so far, so good.
brobriffin  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 4:42:04 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Here is an APP video of the bellows removal and replacement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEk61JOgRk
For anyone watching this thread.
Joe / APP Team  
#16 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 5:23:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

It's been over 5 months since I used Sugru on the holes in the gasket and, so far, so good.

Pitwoman, Thanks for the update, sounds good so far. Looks and sounds interesting, might have to get myself some. Thanks