Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimjoe  
#31 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:07:38 PM(UTC)
jimjoe

Groups: Registered

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough. The bolt that holds the rotor is loose, but I can't get it out. I don't want to pry on it and damage the rotor.
Joe / APP Team  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:21:14 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jimjoe Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough. The bolt that holds the rotor is loose, but I can't get it out. I don't want to pry on it and damage the rotor.

Jimjoe, That's "normal"
See the attached information, it'll explain it better than I did. Thanks
File Attachment(s):
Binder1.pdf (1,672kb) downloaded 63 time(s).
TwoOkies  
#33 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 8:14:19 PM(UTC)
TwoOkies

One other possible cause of this error code can be that the plastic motor housing is loose. This prohibits the computer from recieveing the appropriate resistance reading.

This is easy to check and correct. Pull the washing machine out about 2 feet from the wall, tip it back and lean it against the wall (not necessary to remove hoses from the wall) Look at the big white round plastic cover over the motor and see if it is loose. If so, simply tighten the single nut in the middle of it and return the washer to its normal position.

Had I know this, it would have saved me a technician's service call.

Jim Anthony
Joe / APP Team  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:17:26 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: TwoOkies Go to Quoted Post
One other possible cause of this error code can be that the plastic motor housing is loose. This prohibits the computer from recieveing the appropriate resistance reading.

This is easy to check and correct. Pull the washing machine out about 2 feet from the wall, tip it back and lean it against the wall (not necessary to remove hoses from the wall) Look at the big white round plastic cover over the motor and see if it is loose. If so, simply tighten the single nut in the middle of it and return the washer to its normal position.

Had I know this, it would have saved me a technician's service call.

Jim Anthony

Jim, Thanks for the input/information. That can happen, but not as often as your post implies, but your approach and checks is a good one. If it turns into a persistent problem, a drop or two of "loc Tite" will help solve the problem, it'll make it a little tough to "tear down" the assembly, but nothing you can't handle.
Angie_2106  
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:19:09 AM(UTC)
Angie_2106

Part number: AP4327312 is not compatible with my maching, Maytag Bravos model # MVWB300WQ0. Is there a rotor position sensor kit for my model number?
Joe / APP Team  
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:59:34 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Angie_2106 Go to Quoted Post
Part number: AP4327312 is not compatible with my matching, Maytag Bravos model # MVWB300WQ0. Is there a rotor position sensor kit for my model number?

Angie, The RPS sensor for the model number you supplied is Part number: AP6016377
Part number: AP6016377
. If you think it's prudent, you may want to order and install the wire harness Part number: AP6015644
Part number: AP6015644
or at least check and make sure there are no loose wires in the harness connectors at both the sensor and the machine control board. Thanks,
mdorsi  
#37 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 8:11:46 AM(UTC)
mdorsi

I've had this issue with my washer many times... The dreaded 51 on the whirlpool cabrio washer. I had a tech out he recommended to replace the washer. I watched all the online videos, searched forever too... Looked like it was going to cost me $500... The fix to this issue is an easy one, at least for me, at no cost, and little effort.
1. unplug the machine
2. slide it forward enough to see the bottom of the unit.
3. There is a silver 1/4" Allen wrench bolt at the bottom of the white plastic drum in the center.
4. tighten up the bolt... righty tighty
5. plug it back in
6. it should pick up where the load left off
7. add a little loctite to make it work for a longer period.

Enjoy!
Joe / APP Team  
#38 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 5:47:35 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: mdorsi Go to Quoted Post
I've had this issue with my washer many times... The dreaded 51 on the whirlpool cabrio washer. I had a tech out he recommended to replace the washer. I watched all the online videos, searched forever too... Looked like it was going to cost me $500... The fix to this issue is an easy one, at least for me, at no cost, and little effort.
1. unplug the machine
2. slide it forward enough to see the bottom of the unit.
3. There is a silver 1/4" Allen wrench bolt at the bottom of the white plastic drum in the center.
4. tighten up the bolt... righty tighty
5. plug it back in
6. it should pick up where the load left off
7. add a little loctite to make it work for a longer period.

Enjoy!

mdorsi, a loose motor rotor screw isn't always the problem, but it is a good and easy place to start checking, in the event of a F51 error code. A small dab of blue "loc tite" on the rotor screw threads is probably a good idea, it shouldn't present any problems down the line. Thanks,
Kampkand  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:18:32 PM(UTC)
Kampkand

I have just replaced the bearings, shaft and seal on my Bravos xl washer. After I put it all back together and ran the C0 test I keep getting the f51 error code.

I have checked all my connections and the resistances on P5 and P10 are in the correct range. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

The washer worked fine, other then it sounded like it was going to take off, before o started all this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe / APP Team  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:15:30 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Kampkand Go to Quoted Post
I have just replaced the bearings, shaft and seal on my Bravos xl washer. After I put it all back together and ran the C0 test I keep getting the f51 error code.

I have checked all my connections and the resistances on P5 and P10 are in the correct range. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

The washer worked fine, other then it sounded like it was going to take off, before o started all this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kampkand, did you make sure the cover/support plate isn't warped or damaged and evenly tightened when mounted to the tub, check to make sure the magnets in the rotor didn't get dislodged, and make sure the RPS sensor is properly installed and secured to the stator.
Make sure the mounting bolt is installed and seated seated tightly, then check the wiring between the sensor and the control board for any twists, tweaks, kinks or frayed marks/areas, or loose, corroded connections at both the sensor and the control board. .
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply