Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klcannon67  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 2:15:16 PM(UTC)
klcannon67

Groups: Registered

Not sure that I am 100% sure exactly where this is,"water inside the rotor/stator assembly ?" I can say that when I put the rotor motor/cover back on, there is still water in the outer drum where it was suppose to have already drained. This unit is approx 5 years old and not used like my old washer when the boys were younger and home. In fact it sat in storage 6 plus months just over 3 years ago.I have not been overly impressed with it, but got a great deal and they are Maytag, thought I wouldn't have issues. I have had code issues ll along...... Overall it has been pretty gently used. Sorry for going on, SO, as far as moisture or water, am I looking in the right place or are you asking if there was any around/in the parts I had pulled. It has started to give me the UL code as well.
Joe / APP Team  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:57:14 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: klcannon67 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure that I am 100% sure exactly where this is,"water inside the rotor/stator assembly ?" I can say that when I put the rotor motor/cover back on, there is still water in the outer drum where it was suppose to have already drained. This unit is approx 5 years old and not used like my old washer when the boys were younger and home. In fact it sat in storage 6 plus months just over 3 years ago.I have not been overly impressed with it, but got a great deal and they are Maytag, thought I wouldn't have issues. I have had code issues ll along...... Overall it has been pretty gently used. Sorry for going on, SO, as far as moisture or water, am I looking in the right place or are you asking if there was any around/in the parts I had pulled. It has started to give me the UL code as well.

Kl, When you replaced the RPS kit
Part number: AP4327312
Part number: AP4327312

You needed to remove the rotor
Part number: AP3882831
Part number: AP3882831

and the stator
Part number: AP5306946
Part number: AP5306946

When you removed these parts, did you notice water, debris, or discoloration on the inside of the rotor. If so, this could indicate an issue with the tub seal, that would eventually wash out the lubricant in the tub bearing and shaft assembly. In time the bearing would start to seize up and create a noise, the F51 code as well as the UL(unbalanced load) code. If the tub cant reach the proper speed within the time allotted, it will create a code.
There is always a small amount of water left in the outer tub after a cycle, a half cup or so, if there's more than that, then you need to check the hoses and drain pump for obstructions or kinks twists etc. you may have to remove the tub cover and tub to check and make sure there's nothing small stuck between the tubs.
klcannon67  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:48:15 PM(UTC)
klcannon67

No water there. I did get a lot of grease on my hands from the Part number: AP4327312, the metal ring. Should I put any back,(if so, what type?), because since this replacement, it has the noise and now not only did I get the UL code in the spin cycle, it won't complete a spin. It will do the alert like the cycle is finished and it isn't. Clothes are still pretty wet. I appreciate your assistance. I can't really afford to pay a repairman since I have been out of work awhile, so thought I would do the DYI method. It wasn't hard but now it seems I have created another issue. Also, I have already checked between the tubs, I don't find any item(s) that may have gone over the side of the inner tub. Again, I appreciate your assistance.
Joe / APP Team  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:00:18 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

No water there. I did get a lot of grease on my hands from the Part number: AP4327312, the metal ring. Should I put any back,(if so, what type?), because since this replacement, it has the noise and now not only did I get the UL code in the spin cycle, it won't complete a spin. It will do the alert like the cycle is finished and it isn't. Clothes are still pretty wet. I appreciate your assistance. I can't really afford to pay a repairman since I have been out of work awhile, so thought I would do the DYI method. It wasn't hard but now it seems I have created another issue. Also, I have already checked between the tubs, I don't find any item(s) that may have gone over the side of the inner tub. Again, I appreciate your assistance.

Klcannon, Just a small dab of grease on the surface of the end of the impeller shaft, is all that's needed. the end of the shaft that seats in the rotor. When you installed the [AP4327312] sensor kit, did you use all the parts ? If not you'll need to install the remaining parts.

Get the tech data sheet from the inside of the washer front panel, and review the error codes, so we can get an idea of what the control board is seeing and registering in the eeprom memory, since the repair.

Chances are, you'll need to remove the rotor and stator, and recheck everything and make sure all the bolts are tightened evenly and correctly.
klcannon67  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:05:20 AM(UTC)
klcannon67

All parts were replaced, that is a definite. Will follow up on the rest of the info. Thanks so much!
Joe / APP Team  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:31:47 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

All parts were replaced, that is a definite. Will follow up on the rest of the info. Thanks so much!

OK, Keep in touch, we'll get this washer going one way or another.
klcannon67  
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:25:17 PM(UTC)
klcannon67

Grease helped. Still have a bit of a scratching/rubbing noise but it sounds like it is coming from either the agitator or the baskets, don't know. Any advice on that? I have checked all screws, etc. She is running and so far so good, hopefully I won't return with this issue......Thanks for all of your help!
Joe / APP Team  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 7:07:31 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Grease helped. Still have a bit of a scratching/rubbing noise but it sounds like it is coming from either the agitator or the baskets, don't know. Any advice on that? I have checked all screws, etc. She is running and so far so good, hopefully I won't return with this issue......Thanks for all of your help!

Kl, It's not likely the tub or basket. But you do want to recheck the hub assembly

Part number: AP3892170
Part number: AP3892170

If the "teeth" on either of the hubs are distorted or "rounded off" or worn to the point that they can't engage together, there will be a noise from the center of the tubs.
klcannon67  
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 2:48:02 AM(UTC)
klcannon67

Would this continue to give me an F51 code? I still get that after 2 plus loads and have replaced the sensor. The noise was minimal after rechecking things and adding some grease but increased again before it went out again. Thanks!
Joe / APP Team  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2014 6:18:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Would this continue to give me an F51 code? I still get that after 2 plus loads and have replaced the sensor. The noise was minimal after rechecking things and adding some grease but increased again before it went out again. Thanks!

Yes, it could be the cause of the F 51 code and the noise. If the tub hub doesn't engage the shaft hub properly, this can cause a "drag" on the drive system and create the F 51 error code. You also want to check and make sure, that once the tub is full of water the spin basket has floated up at least 3/8 of an inch, This will give the proper clearance between the tubs, and the agitator until the washer drains and the tub resets on the shaft properly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply