Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<2122232425>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhayden017  
#221 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 9:05:40 AM(UTC)
jhayden017

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene, where can I find the wiring diagram to test the ice maker? I have a KitchenAid KSCS25FVSS01
The LED blinks twice with the door open, simulate door closed and the LED goes out, close the flapper on the left and no change, no water going into the ice maker, water on the door is fine, filter is fine, freezer is 0 degrees and ice maker is in ON position. Thanks you
Nickgolf81  
#222 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:34:56 PM(UTC)
Nickgolf81

Forgive me if this was asked and answered already for my model number. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

I have a Kitchen Aid Model KSRP25FNSS00.
The ice maker is not producing any ice.
Water from outside door and freezer both work fine.

Reading the advice on this and other websites I was able to thaw out a little bit of ice from the line to the icemaker. It's been a day and still no ice.

The ice maker unit is on and the red indicator light blinks twice when you open the door. Intermittently the red light doesnt blink at all though.
When I close the flapper on the left side it seems to blink one longer time followed by two quick times, then a pause and repeats.

I would appreciate any assistance on trouble-shooting this issue! I'm handy and have replaced parts on the unit before but am not familar with some of the electrically testing outlined in these forums.

Ice is nice - Thank you again!
6mmhunter  
#223 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:10:49 AM(UTC)
6mmhunter

Hello,
I have a Kitchenaid KSRP25FNSS00 fridge and the ice maker has stopped working. I have done some reading on here and performed a few tests.

I checked the fill tube and it was clear
I checked the continuity on the black wire and it is fine
Temperature in the freezer is fine.
With the ice maker on I checked the following,
I checked for 120v between N and L terminals and got 0 volts
I checked the continuity on the black wire and it is fine
I jumpered between T and H terminals and nothing happened
When I hold the emitter flapper down the LED is on solid red

This leads me to believe that the ice maker unit is bad. Am I correct in thinking this or could it still be something else.

Thanks!
soul45man  
#224 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:18:30 AM(UTC)
soul45man

Kitchenaid Superba Model: KSRA25ILBL13
with the door fully open the light flashes twice
when I close the flap on the left, the light still flashes twice
when I close the flap on the left and the switch at the top (turns off the light and simulates the door as closed) the light doesn't flash at all.

what do you think the problem is, the ice maker or the sensors?

thanks for any help.

John
edrich  
#225 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:26:14 PM(UTC)
edrich

]My Ice Maker seems to have stopped working. The water running from the door is fine. When I open the door the led flashes twice and then shuts off and waits a second before flashing twice again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kitchen Aid side by side model # ksrp25fnss00
Thank you,
Craig
Vornado  
#226 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 12:47:34 PM(UTC)
Vornado

Brand and Model: KitchenAid KSSC48QTS
Problem: Ice maker not working.

Temp is in freezer is fine.
Red LED stays solid when flapper closed.
Fill tube is clear.
Voltage between N & L = 0 VAC
Jumped T & H = Nothing happened.
Continuity on the black wire is fine.
I only get 55 VAC on the harness going into the I/M.

What should I check / replace?
dwheelock  
#227 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 5:50:44 AM(UTC)
dwheelock

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
According to your description looks like the ice maker has gone bad, but I would check the optics first to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Open the freezer door, close the flipper on the left side and watch the status LED on the right side. If the LED stays "on" then the ice maker is the culprit.

- The part number for the ice maker is AP3182733

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSCS25INSS00 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

I have a Whirlpool GD5HAXVB00, icemaker works infrequently. When I simulate door closed and press the icemaker flap on the left, there is no indicator light at all. Previous post said if the LED was on it is bad icemaker, So if light is off is the Ice level Power Board Kit the problem?
jhn0002  
#228 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:18:10 PM(UTC)
jhn0002

GC3SHEXNS00 model whirlpool side by side fridge. My ice maker just stopped working to the point it only makes 10 or so ice cubes per day. I replaced the filter to see if that would work but no luck. Right now the red light on the inside flashes like "blink blink"------ "blink blink". I read some where a few years back that you can diagnose the issue by how the light blinks but have had no luck finding it.
alzennie  
#229 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2014 4:14:20 PM(UTC)
alzennie

I have looked thru all the pages of this thread and do not see anything that applies to my Kitchenaid Model KFIS29BWH00. It seems to have a different type of ice maker, perhaps the newest model. Sits very tight against the top of the refrigerator box. I have a similar problem of very little ice being made. The optics light will stay steady red when the fridge is unpowered then plugged back in. However it eventually goes off (15 min). Don't know if Gene is still around but maybe he has some info about this new model?
alzennie  
#230 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 9:13:52 PM(UTC)
alzennie

After more investigation, it seems that I am experiencing a problem with the sealed system. The freezer and refrigerator temperatures are not what they should be and the compressor never shuts off. Can't make much ice at 20 degrees. Ice production is the first of the symptoms. Warranty should cover.