Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NotCold inAK  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 6, 2014 3:07:33 PM(UTC)
NotCold inAK

Groups: Registered

This is a Kenmore side-byside. Both the refrigerator and the freezer have a similar problem. They are cold at the bottom and warm at the top. in the refrigerator items freeze at the bottom,but temperatures are in the 50-60's F. In the freezer, temperatures are 0 deg. F at the bottom and 50 deg. at the top. The coils are iced up. :confused:

We replaced the Evaporator Fan Motor and it had no effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 1:23:16 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Remove the back freezer panel and describe the frost pattern, total frost or partial.
dirkg  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 5:52:53 PM(UTC)
dirkg

Originally Posted by: NotCold inAK Go to Quoted Post
This is a Kenmore side-byside. Both the refrigerator and the freezer have a similar problem. They are cold at the bottom and warm at the top. in the refrigerator items freeze at the bottom,but temperatures are in the 50-60's F. In the freezer, temperatures are 0 deg. F at the bottom and 50 deg. at the top. The coils are iced up. :confused:

We replaced the Evaporator Fan Motor and it had no effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Im having this same issue on a used unit I just bought. It was fine for the first couple of days. Now the food in the top of the freezer and doors is thawed out and the top 2 shelves are in the refrigerator side are warm. The inside sides are warm too.
NotCold inAK  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2014 4:08:48 AM(UTC)
NotCold inAK

Originally Posted by: NotCold inAK Go to Quoted Post

The freezer is all frosted-up on the bottom half. The evaporator fan was not working.

I have photos, but I don't know the URL address for them. Do I need to post them online before I attach?

Sorry about the late reply. I am a wildlife biologist, been busy with field work.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:59:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If only partial evaporator frost, you have sealed system problems, evaporator leak, or bad compressor.
denman  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:20:37 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Could you please check your model number.
Nothing comes up when using it to search. Tried here and the Sears site.
Find your model number - AppliancePartsPros.com

I am assuming that the compressor is running but the evaporator/freezer fan is not.
If you are checking the evaporator coils after it has run without the fan on then you may be mis-diagnosing the problem.
Also if you let it run for an hour or so without the evaporator cover on you can effect your diagnosis as the air flows in the freezer are not correct.

A sealed system problem will probably end up with you junking the unit so it is important that you get it right.

You could try adding the photos by using the Insert Image icon (picture of a mountain with the sun).
Note there is a size limitation so this may force you to use a third party site.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!