Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GEturkey  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:49:28 PM(UTC)
GEturkey

Groups: Registered

Hi, my washer is a top load GE Profile that is 5 yrs old. I have already replaced the shift solenoid previously and the control board just now. When I put in the new control board and started it up it went to a slow spin instead of agitating and would not stop a fast spin cycle after the timer ended and the light shut off. Could this be the new control board being bad or a problem with the motor? Please help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:35:53 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Did you transfer the model select plug from the old board to the new one?

Eric
GEturkey  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 8:17:31 PM(UTC)
GEturkey

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did. Even tried without it just to see what would happen. Btw.. it just blinks at you and does nothing. Again to see what would happen even though the shift solenoid is pretty much new I hooked up the ohm meter to it and read 68. Also just hooked up the old control board. Still went right to spin and no agitating. This washer is frustrating
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:21:09 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Get tech sheet from inside control panel. Place washer in service mode and select the spin test. Check voltages at motor/inverter rightmost connector. Violet wire is common. Between common and each of the other four wires you should have 9vdc. If you do, then your getting correct voltages from control board and motor/inverter is faulty.

Eric
GEturkey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:14:06 AM(UTC)
GEturkey

Thanks for the reply. I honestly forgot about that sheet but luckily had set it across from the washer. I started the test and got 8.8 vdc across all four points. It also did not agitate in fast or slow test and acted weird in spin test...I was actually able to hear it make a constant clank similar to a bad cv joint just not as severe. Thanks for your help. At least after I get the new motor I'll basically have a new washer. . New shift solenoid, New control board, New inner and outer tub (Thanks to GE's mix up), and now a new motor. .. should've bought a new washer but this was getting personal
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply