Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<3637383940>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jaime Perez  
#371 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 1:18:25 PM(UTC)
Jaime Perez

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: woodchuckie Go to Quoted Post
You don't have a timer you have an electronic adaptive defrost control instead. Part 13 on this diagram. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/sect/9/e/j/9ej-ejjjjf.gif

thanks woodchukie 4 reply . do u think this electronic adaptive defrost control work if i buy a new one. well so refer. will start cooling

thanks jaime
woodchuckie  
#372 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 5:14:14 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: Jaime Perez Go to Quoted Post
thanks woodchukie 4 reply . do u think this electronic adaptive defrost control work if i buy a new one. well so refer. will start cooling

thanks jaime

Yes, that is the only part left to the defrost system.
Jaime Perez  
#373 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 7:25:19 PM(UTC)
Jaime Perez

thanks woodchuckie keep u posted
vng  
#374 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:41:12 PM(UTC)
vng

Hi Gene,

I'm having a similar problem. I own a 3 year old Samsung RS230SH, Replacement parts for MAYTAG RS2630SH | AppliancePartsPros.com. I found the service manual, http://www.servicematters.com/maytag...cs/SAM0096.pdf. (1) The refrigerator and freezer side gets warm after resetting. It functions properly for less than a month (2) I noticed the the back wall of the freezer (part 11) was partially iced up.

I was able to test for continuity on the sensor(part 16) and heater(part 19) from this diagram http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...67&NewWindow=1.

(1) The problem I have now is that I can't test for continuity on the thermistor(part 13). From my understanding, the circuit would be open if warm and closed if cold. I've placed the thermistor in another freezer and left it overnight so that it could be cold. I am still not getting any continuity from it. Does that mean that it's bad? Did I test it correctly?

(2) I also checked what I believe is another thermistor but has no part # that is located behind part 3 from this diagram http://www.appliancepartspros.com/pa...67&NewWindow=1. On page 26 of the service manual, http://www.servicematters.com/maytag...cs/SAM0096.pdf, they reference it as part 5-3 but it doesn't tell me what part or part# it is. It looks identical to the thermistor(part 13) except that the wire is about 1/4 inch longer. I also can't get continuity from this sensor either. Can someone tell me if this is the same part? And is it possible that both sensors are bad?

(3) I also tried to test for continuity on the fan motor (part 7) but I didn't get any readings. I know that the fan shuts off when I open the freezer door, so I pressed the door switch to "imitate" that the door was closed but still didn't get anything. Do you think the fan is bad too? If the fan doesn't work, could it be one of the reasons why I'm having frost and both sides not working properly?

I'm planning to order the thermistor but not sure if I should order two and plus a fan motor. Thanks in advance for your help.

/Stan
Gene  
#375 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:08:19 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vng Go to Quoted Post
...(1) The problem I have now is that I can't test for continuity on the thermistor(part 13). From my understanding, the circuit would be open if warm and closed if cold. I've placed the thermistor in another freezer and left it overnight so that it could be cold. I am still not getting any continuity from it. Does that mean that it's bad? Did I test it correctly?...

Hi Stan,

This part is bad. No doubt about it. I would do one thing at a time. Replace this part and hopefully it will solve the problem.

Gene.
ezmortal  
#376 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 1:10:28 PM(UTC)
ezmortal

Hi Gene ,

I have Frigidaire frs26zsh b2 and like everybody else the fridge side is not cold. Found the lower coils (bottom of the fridge ) but the diagram I looked up it seems there is second one.. I removed the panel in the back, but cannot locate the condenser. Any advice will be appreciated. Note: The fan in the fridge is not even blowing.

Thank you,
Victor
Gene  
#377 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 1:48:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Victor,

There is no fans in the fridge, but there is one in the freezer. Make sure it's working. The condenser coil shown on the diagram as #1.

Have you see the frost on the rear panel in the freezer?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS26ZSHB2 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
ezmortal  
#378 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 2:37:48 PM(UTC)
ezmortal

The coil has no frost and there's no frost inside the freezer. Also the fan in the freezer is blowing and seems to be in working order. There was a grinding noise for awhile before the fridge side went out.

Thanks again,
Victor
Gene  
#379 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 5:23:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Have you cleaned the condenser?

Gene.
ezmortal  
#380 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 8:06:11 PM(UTC)
ezmortal

Hi Gene,

Let me start off by saying sorry! The back of the freezer and condenser is a block of ice. I asked my wife to check for me before I posted. :mad: I went home and checked myself,load and behold frost and ice
So its definitely a defroster problem from what I am reading.Which part can you recommend me to replace. Coils where also cleaned.

Thank you ,
Victor