Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zachsr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:49:29 AM(UTC)
zachsr

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I have searched and found some threads on this specific issue of my oven and broiler not working at all and found some recommendations on how to check but being a total newbie, I had a quick question. When I am testing the continuity on the gas regulator (after unplugging the three wires) am I placing the multi-meter on the actual regulator diodes to test? or the disconnected wires themselves? I have done a couple of checks. I placed the multimeter on the regulator with wires disconnected - common to broil gave me a zero reading and common to bake also gave me a zero reading. When i placed the multimeter on the wires themselves, I get about 220 resistance reading on both bake and broil. Is my regulator bad? I also placed the multimeter on the DSI board to check J1-1 and J1-4 to see if I get any readings after I hit the bake button - only noticed that the multimeter jumped just a little but never hit the 120 that I read about.
Anyone out there available to provide some guidance?

Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.