Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulmnick  
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:00:51 AM(UTC)
paulmnick

Groups: Registered

Do you need tools to remove the plastic face plate? Do you have to remove any of the screws? Do you have to remove the front of the door?
I can't figure out where the pressure points are to get it off?
Jon R Seattle  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:36:34 PM(UTC)
Jon R Seattle

It's important to note that, after soldering the bad heater relay connection on the circuit board and reinstalling the control module, you will still initially get a "2H" indication when you start the machine. If you have actually fixed the heater circuit, the indication will clear 15 or 20 minutes later in the cycle when the water reaches full temperature (150?). Then the indication will return to normal. As the Bosch person wrote above, if you open the dishwasher and get a face full of steam at this point, you have fixed the heater circuit.

Also, I just had to solder mine, and it has the 10 amp relay, so the 10 amp relay does not solve the problem. The problem appears to be the board connection sizing, not the relay itself.
scottthowe@aol.com  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 5:57:48 AM(UTC)
scottthowe@aol.com

I have a SHU5316UC/UC12 that must be about 7 years old. Got the 2H problem, got the same old vinegar and temp and authorized dealer song and dance from Bosch when I asked if any instructions are available for replacing the control unit. Tried the vinegar thing with no change. Ordered the AP2802870 (266746) unit from AppliancePartsPros.com, got it a few days later, works perfect. To replace the unit, I used a star (Torx) wrench to remove almost all of the screws in the back of the door (left 4 that look like they may be door hinge screws at the bottom). The big panel may fall to the floor, so careful. The new unit includes both boards and the plastic case, so it's just unplug the old, plug in the new. Don't force the old one out - find a few parts of the plastic case that act as clips and release them. Note - I first tried to just remove the top front door panel, but couldn't get it to re-attach to the bottom front door panel until I removed it too.

New update 7/22/09. I actually have two of these - the original owners liked to entertain and put two of these in the kitchen. The first one had the 2H problem a couple of months ago, though I didn't fix it until recently. Now, the other one has developed the same problem. Not going to try the fix-it-with-solder route. Tried the vinegar thing again, and it got rid of the 2H, but it still ran way too long the next time. I just ordered another control unit. Unbelievable.
tbirkland  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 7:10:44 PM(UTC)
tbirkland

My model SHU6805UC had the control module replaced 4 years ago and the unit is now almost 10 years old. Now the 2H message appears and the unit takes several hours to get down to 1 and just stalls with water and soap in the bottom of the tub. Pushing "Scrub Wash & Delicate Economy" will make it drain and display CL. This unit cost close to $1,000 new, wondering if I should fix it or just buy a new unit? If I can fix it by installing a $150 part great.
Methowcats  
#15 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 3:12:37 PM(UTC)
Methowcats

We had same problem of Bosch dishwasher first starting with 2H, then counting down to 1, then suddenly being at 12, then just washing and washing without draining or ending. We pulled out the board and saw the burned out solder per notes somewhere here, soldered it with rosin core solder, & replaced it in the dw. Ran a cycle, it heated up much hotter than it had been, then it would go thru the cycle, altho it began at 62 instead of 72 for the count down. There was no jumping around with the count down, but it stayed stuck on 1 and still would not turn off. So I did a cycle with the 2 cups of white vinegar in a bowl on the bottom rack twice. (Just to be sure I really got whatever I was cleaning clean.) And it is now working just like new. It is 9 years old, so altho we've never soldered a circuit board before, it was worth the try. I'll add the vinegar trick to my yearly maintenance plan. I have heard of this before for clothes washing machines, especially those that do not have a manual lint collector. Thanks so much to everyone who posted this great information.:):):)
JaneF  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:50:33 PM(UTC)
JaneF

Originally Posted by: SeattlePete Go to Quoted Post
I have a 5-1/2 year old Bosch SHU5305UC/14. The run cycle continually gets "stuck" in mid-cyle, with the control panel showing either a "2H" code or running down to 1 and staying there. My wife and I are forced to overide and clear the cycle in order to complete the wash run. Very aggrevating.

In looking at some other forums, this seems a very common problem with Bosch dishwashers of this vintage. Most people seem to suggest replacing the Control Module and imply that this is a fairly straightforward fix for someone who has basic mechanical skills. I can't, however, seem to locate the right part number or any basic directions for replacing the panel. Does anyone have tips or suggestions?

Thanks.

Peter

Hi Peter,
I have a Bosch SHU5312UC/U12 and just purchased the control module - which I received almost immediately!! The part number is BSH 266746. A repairman quoted me $400 for the part plus $200 installation. The part is $139 and replacement looks easy. However, I have just removed my door panel to replace it and two black brackets fell off. I suspect that they are door guards but I haven't yet figured out how to replace them. If anyone can clue me in, I will appreciate it. Peter, you may not need to remove the entire door panel. When I got mine off I realized that there is an upper section which is independent. It may depend on your door style but is worth checking.
Jane
sbk101  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2009 9:25:33 AM(UTC)
sbk101

Read post by Michael V about halfway down. It may be the same two black wedges.

Bosch Dishwasher Control Module (266746) | ApplianceJournal.com
ianspencer  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:31:43 AM(UTC)
ianspencer

Hi

This problem was solved on my machine by the following.

Remover the control panel and carefully inspect it looking for a burnt solder connection on the board. Once found re-solder it.

Tada

Apparently a very common problem.
Goodspeed98  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:17:01 PM(UTC)
Goodspeed98

may you have a nice day
Goodspeed98  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:20:31 PM(UTC)
Goodspeed98

you can check and make sure that all is work properly ,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply