Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SeattlePete  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:31:21 AM(UTC)
SeattlePete

Groups: Registered

I have a 5-1/2 year old Bosch SHU5305UC/14. The run cycle continually gets "stuck" in mid-cyle, with the control panel showing either a "2H" code or running down to 1 and staying there. My wife and I are forced to overide and clear the cycle in order to complete the wash run. Very aggrevating.

In looking at some other forums, this seems a very common problem with Bosch dishwashers of this vintage. Most people seem to suggest replacing the Control Module and imply that this is a fairly straightforward fix for someone who has basic mechanical skills. I can't, however, seem to locate the right part number or any basic directions for replacing the panel. Does anyone have tips or suggestions?

Thanks.

Peter
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

BO'C  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:46:01 PM(UTC)
BO'C

I have a BOSCH SHU3505/UC/U12 and it also shows 2H and basically takes forever to finish a wash cycle - 3-1/2 hours. And we have had issues with all the wash cycles for a while. By reading the posts I also am looking to replace the control module and would like some specs of the unit.

Thanks for the post. In the same boat.

- BO'C
SeattlePete  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:45:31 PM(UTC)
SeattlePete

There's a pretty good link here with a lot of information I found.

Bosch Dishwasher Control Module (266746)**|**ApplianceJournal.com

Interestingly, and also, I contacted Bosch customer service directly. This is how they responded:

We are sorry to hear of the issue with your Bosch dishwasher. While we respect the right for consumers to write 'anything' they wish on blogs, we're sure you have considered that these statements can never be authenticated or validated. Many times remarks are made that are simply untrue or facts are conveniently left out, which will benefit an angry personality.

In response to the issue you're describing, the '2H' is a default that is indicating the previous wash cycle ran longer than it was programmed for. One of the common causes of this is from the type of soap being used (and not necessarily the control board, though it cant be ruled out).

If you have been using liquid or gel tab detergents for a period of time, there may be a simple solution to getting the machine to run normal cycle times. Give the dishwasher a 'vinegar bath', by simply pouring 2 cups of distilled white vinegar into a bowl and placing the bowl face-up in the lower rack (do not add detergent, do not put other dishes in). Then just run a regular wash cycle and allow the vinegar to 'wash' through the system. This will clear the sensors of any filmy residue build up and allow it to start clearly reading the status of the wash again.

Another issue could be a change in the water inlet temperature. If the dishwasher is not reaching the specified temperature for each cycle, the machine will continue running until it does reach temperature. Try running the hot water faucet a few seconds before starting the machine.
This will ensure HOT WATER is getting into the machine. Then sometime in the middle of the cycle slightly open the door. If steam comes out then we know the water is getting hot enough.

We hope our suggestions resolve the 'problem' for you.
Capt1njohn  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:41:58 PM(UTC)
Capt1njohn

I have a Thermador Dishwasher (Made by Bosch) and have a similar problem. I found on this web site under dishwasher repair a PDF titled trouble shooting bosch dishwashers. In that document it has several trouble shooting tips and several testing proceedures. I found that the solder Joint on the control board got hot and now has a cold solder joint.I thought that I found the problem which was a problem also. After finding that problem I decided to look at the other things that were connected with the long run times and luke warm tempratures. Before I found the troubleshooting guide I thought that the problem was surely the heating element but when I tested it I found it to be good. The test that I did that was recomended was to check the resistance of the NIC which is a thermocouple. The resistance changes as the temp increases. The test was to check the resistance when it was room temp. At room temp it should have registered 55 ohms, mine registers nothing. It is open and the heating element cannot work if the NIC is open. I priced a new NIC at AppliancePartsPros.com and it is about $35 bucks. The file I downloaded is bosch%20dishwasher%20troubleshoot[1].pdf. It might help you determine the problem so you can order the correct part you need.
BO'C  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:31:36 AM(UTC)
BO'C

Replaced the control module solved the proper and it's back to showing the minutes for each wash cycle.
SeattlePete  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:44:10 AM(UTC)
SeattlePete

I, too, replaced my control module and the dishwasher is back to working again. Part was about $125 and installation took me no more than 15 minutes. Very simple and easy fix.
zitti3  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:13:11 PM(UTC)
zitti3

did you dishwasher work after you replaced the NIC?
Capt1njohn  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:52:44 AM(UTC)
Capt1njohn

No, the NIC did not solve the problem. I ended up replacing the control module because after I found the bad solder joint on the old control unit and soldered it and reinstalled it, it still wouldnt work. The funny thing is or I should say the embarrasing thing is, When I installed the new control panel it still wouldnt heat. I was so frustrated by then. I started testing some more and found the NIC was open again. So I tested the old one again and it was closed. Somehow during the process of my installing and replacing parts I stuck the old (Bad) NIC back in. I put the good NIC back in and the dishwasher worked. Then I thought my old control panel must not have been bad. So I tried it again but it didnt work correctly. The LED's lit up but not like they were supposed too.
zitti3  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:21:01 PM(UTC)
zitti3

Thanks for the update. I just ordered a new control module and it should arrive in a few days. The next problem will be installing it. Any advice on that?
Capt1njohn  
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:23:00 AM(UTC)
Capt1njohn

Actually that was the easiest thing to replace. Be carful though when you take the face plate of the front of the dishwasher You can easily break the little plastic tabs off that hold it on. I broke 2 off but was able to glue them back on with Black ABS glue. I had it off once before with no problem but the second time I took it off I forgot how it came off and pried too hard and broke them. Good Luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply