Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JTP3706  
#141 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 12:18:19 PM(UTC)
JTP3706

Groups: Registered

At Christmas we put in a NEW clutch assembly, but it started to making a grinding sound again. We have greased the clutch assembly & while we were there we also greased the 1 way bearing. Is it supposed to be greased? Now it keeps doing the uC on the beginning of a spin cycle? What could be causing the problem? Thanks!
DB App.  
#142 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:34:31 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: JTP3706 Go to Quoted Post
At Christmas we put in a NEW clutch assembly, but it started to making a grinding sound again. We have greased the clutch assembly & while we were there we also greased the 1 way bearing. Is it supposed to be greased? Now it keeps doing the uC on the beginning of a spin cycle? What could be causing the problem? Thanks!

I made the same mistake. The grease is causing the one way clutch to drag. Clean out the grease, apply a light oil like the old 3 in 1 oil and the problem will go away.
Veersw  
#143 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 11:30:09 PM(UTC)
Veersw

You're a bloody life saver dh1200s. Followed your directions and now the old girl's working perfectly! :)
xbr3akxdownx  
#144 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:59:00 PM(UTC)
xbr3akxdownx

In dire need of some help. Recently found this page because of the dc error code and have read over things, just haven't taken the machine apart yet. Now I am getting the nd code, so the blasted machine isn't draining either! If someone could reply back it would be greatly appreciated, as I just got back from a deployment, and now my hubby is deployed for the next 12-18 months. Thanks in advance.
dh1200s  
#145 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:56:27 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: xbr3akxdownx Go to Quoted Post
In dire need of some help. Recently found this page because of the dc error code and have read over things, just haven't taken the machine apart yet. Now I am getting the nd code, so the blasted machine isn't draining either! If someone could reply back it would be greatly appreciated, as I just got back from a deployment, and now my hubby is deployed for the next 12-18 months. Thanks in advance.

Hey xbr3akxdownx

I would look into the issue of ND &#8220;No Drain&#8221; error code 1st.

You need the Service Manual a few DIY repair forums still have links to it try this; Google this text 16022808 Revision 0 December 2003 and you will find real easy third hit in the list when I just tried.

How much water do you see in the Wash Tub after the ND error code is signaled to the console?

I would turn on the drain pump in Service Mode and try to determine what is the fail point, could be a clogged drain line, impeller of the drain pump is clogged or broken, drain pump will not spin up&#8230;..do you hear it turn on?

The drain pump sits in the lower right bottom side of the machine, a real PITA to work on for old guys like me. The machine housing is a full metal wrap with only front panel access and releasing the washer top from the base.

See page 16 of the SM (service manual) Board Output Test and see if you can turn on the drain pump in Service Mode and determine if it moves any water out of the machine and at what rate.

The machine should dump two 5 gal buckets of water out of the wash tub in less than 30 seconds or so.

The drain pump would have to run several minutes or so before the Console Control board would fail to see signaling from the pressure switch (which sits on top of the drain pump) and the control board firmware signal the ND error code to the console.

There are other owner&#8217;s like me that may be able to help&#8230;&#8230;.DB App. Is a SOILD diy&#8217;er/owner that comes to mind. This may not be something that you can repair real quick but I will try to help until you decide to pull the plug on a diy fix.

I have attached a pic of where the drain pump is located right rear bottom of the machine. Plastic dome above the drain pump is the pressure switch.

Thank you and your husband for your service which is very much appreciated&#8230;&#8230;I&#8217;m USN 1968 to 1972&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..Dick
dh1200s attached the following image(s):
Motor Controller and Drain Pump.JPG
DB App.  
#146 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:45:03 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
Hey xbr3akxdownx

I would look into the issue of ND “No Drain” error code 1st.

You need the Service Manual a few DIY repair forums still have links to it try this; Google this text 16022808 Revision 0 December 2003 and you will find real easy third hit in the list when I just tried.

How much water do you see in the Wash Tub after the ND error code is signaled to the console?

I would turn on the drain pump in Service Mode and try to determine what is the fail point, could be a clogged drain line, impeller of the drain pump is clogged or broken, drain pump will not spin up…..do you hear it turn on?

The drain pump sits in the lower right bottom side of the machine, a real PITA to work on for old guys like me. The machine housing is a full metal wrap with only front panel access and releasing the washer top from the base.

See page 16 of the SM (service manual) Board Output Test and see if you can turn on the drain pump in Service Mode and determine if it moves any water out of the machine and at what rate.

The machine should dump two 5 gal buckets of water out of the wash tub in less than 30 seconds or so.

The drain pump would have to run several minutes or so before the Console Control board would fail to see signaling from the pressure switch (which sits on top of the drain pump) and the control board firmware signal the ND error code to the console.

There are other owner’s like me that may be able to help…….DB App. Is a SOILD diy’er/owner that comes to mind. This may not be something that you can repair real quick but I will try to help until you decide to pull the plug on a diy fix.

I have attached a pic of where the drain pump is located right rear bottom of the machine. Plastic dome above the drain pump is the pressure switch.

Thank you and your husband for your service which is very much appreciated……I’m USN 1968 to 1972………..Dick

I would also like to thank you and your husband for defending our freedom and rights. I have not diagnosed a ND trouble code at this point. I do agree with Dick, that this should be analyzed first, as it can effect the imbalanced code also setting do to excess water in the drum at spin up. When I was repairing my machine, I used a bright flashlight to shine through the plastic pump housing to see if anything was a-miss while I was into the machine that deep. I could have filled a young child's piggybank with the change caught in the first stage of the pump housing. This did not cause enough of a restriction to set any trouble codes. It was just dumb luck to look things over while inside that machine.
Dave
DB App.  
#147 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:47:27 AM(UTC)
DB App.

Originally Posted by: DB App. Go to Quoted Post
I would also like to thank you and your husband for defending our freedom and rights. I have not diagnosed a ND trouble code at this point. I do agree with Dick, that this should be analyzed first, as it can effect the imbalanced code also setting do to excess water in the drum at spin up. When I was repairing my machine, I used a bright flashlight to shine through the plastic pump housing to see if anything was a-miss while I was into the machine that deep. I could have filled a young child's piggybank with the change caught in the first stage of the pump housing. This did not cause enough of a restriction to set any trouble codes. It was just dumb luck to look things over while inside that machine.
Dave

Look at the picture Dick provided. The easiest way to clear the pump of any change or socks, ect is though the black rubber cap on top of the pump assembly pictured....
xbr3akxdownx  
#148 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:52:11 PM(UTC)
xbr3akxdownx

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
Hey xbr3akxdownx

I would look into the issue of ND “No Drain” error code 1st.

I would turn on the drain pump in Service Mode and try to determine what is the fail point, could be a clogged drain line, impeller of the drain pump is clogged or broken, drain pump will not spin up…..do you hear it turn on?

There are other owner’s like me that may be able to help…….DB App. Is a SOILD diy’er/owner that comes to mind. This may not be something that you can repair real quick but I will try to help until you decide to pull the plug on a diy fix.

Thank you and your husband for your service which is very much appreciated……I’m USN 1968 to 1972………..Dick

I ended up removing the load that I had in the washer and it looks to be approxhalf way full of water. I looked up the code and I am going to have to go get some tools to take the back off and see if there is something either blocking or clogging it. I don't know what my kids put in the wash, but I can bet I am going to end up finding money somewhere (probably not enough though). I am trying to get the service manual but having serious issues getting it....each site that I end up going to wants me to pay to download (gotta love the internet!) As soon as I can get the tools needed I will take it apart tomorrow and see what I can find....and hopefully I can fix it, as I really don't want to part with her....I love this washer!
My pleasure, and thank you as well. Hubby is Army and I am USN (1994-current) and hopefully looking to retire here sometime in the near future! You were active duty the same time my dad was - he was stationed on the USS Kitty Hawk...which ironically I ended up getting stationed on her back in 97 and then turned around and got stationed in Millington, TN (where he did "A" school) in 2002.
dh1200s  
#149 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:30:08 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Try this http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/16022808.pdf it will take right to the SM and you can save the PDF to your PC.

There is no back to this machine it’s a full shell sides and back front panel access only. The pic I attached is back when I pulled out the wash tub to do an Outer Tub bearing replacement. The drain pump is not placed in the machine for easy access.

Lets get the SM and try to try to turn on the drain pump in service mode and go from there. As Dave mentioned the impeller may be jammed on the drain pump.

The SM will help you get the front panel off from there access is tight. Just be careful when working on the machine and unplug the washer 120VAC line cord when inside the machine.

I went to Great Lakes for boot no A school right out of boot to the fleet. I went in as an ET with two years of tech school before enlisting. Some C schools for equipment specific training.

My duty was considered preferred sea duty. I was attached to Command Service Squadron 8 out of NOB Norfolk VA.

Good luck and let us know what we can do to help..........Dick
searle12000  
#150 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 4:14:38 AM(UTC)
searle12000

Hello,

Is your Machine still working? Mine is a 10 series & a FAV9800A and can I diy it? Thanks