Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rhatcher  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:34:54 PM(UTC)
Rhatcher

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch Vision Gas dryer. The heat is low and sometimes non existent I need to inspect the burner and troubleshoot the igniter etc as in this procedure http://forum.appliancepartspros...r-not-hot-gas-smell.html

I need to remove the front lower panel. I have removed the three bottom screws but cannot figure out have to release it. My old dryer it just popped off after removing the screws but this feel like something is going to break.

Thanks
Robert
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 2:55:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Robert,

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
Rhatcher  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 4:21:49 PM(UTC)
Rhatcher

Gene, I did verify the number, it is correct. If you search for it on Google you will see that it is a valid number. Also, although it does not show up on AppliancePartsPros parts search, customer support confirmed it and that they have the parts for it today. I'm still trying to find technical documentation for it though. It is only two years old, so I may be out of luck finding that information.
Thanks for replying

Robert
Rhatcher  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:56:18 PM(UTC)
Rhatcher

I got removing the cover sorted out. But not until I pulled the washer/dryer stack out and removed the top cover and rear panel. Once I was in the back of the machine I could see how the panel is held on...
As it turns out, the lower panel is actually a plastic cover that sits very snug to the lower portion of the overall front panel. It is held in place by three screws at the bottom, six small “slide” clips and two additional detentes . All of the clips are integral to the panel so they are not replaceable if you break them.
To remove the panel, first, remove the three screws. They are T15 torx. The next step is sort of a two part operation; there are notches on each side of the panel pry the notched area away from the side about ¼ inch this will pull a small "bump" on each side out of holes in the front panel. With those held out push down on the lower panel and it will eventually slide off and you can pull it away. You may have to wiggle it a bit but it will come loose.
Once the lower panel is off there is a round cover, with one screw in it. Remove screw and cover and then you can access the gas valve and watch the burner operation etc.
Here is a link to a Bosch eShop Home where there is parts diagram that might make it easier to understand.

good luck
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:49:06 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Robert,

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your repair with us. Your post was very instructive and will help other people with similar problems.

I've been lucky to find the manuals for this dryer and I attached them to the post.

Thanks again and good luck with your dryer.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
WTVC Vision Dryer - Components.pdf (1,959kb) downloaded 277 time(s).
WTVC Vision Dryer - Repair 1.pdf (1,898kb) downloaded 315 time(s).
WTVC Vision Dryer - Repair 2.pdf (633kb) downloaded 208 time(s).
Rhatcher  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:59:36 PM(UTC)
Rhatcher

That's great Gene. I will go through those, with a fine toothed comb, tonight!
Rhatcher  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:42:31 AM(UTC)
Rhatcher

Gene, where there any additional pages that had the electrical schematic? I am troubleshooting a problem http://forum.appliancepartspros...have-replaced-coils.html and want to make some electrical tests that are not listed in the troubleshooting guide.
Thanks
Robert
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:22:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Robert,

Unfortunately the information I posted earlier is the only information I could find for this dryer. No electrical schematic or wiring diagram.

Gene.
Rhatcher  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:09:48 AM(UTC)
Rhatcher

Thanks Gene, I remembered that my old dryer had a dchematic tped inside the lower panel and sure enough I found the schematic for the new dryer folded up real small and tie-wrapped in a corner.
File Attachment(s):
Bosch Vision Gas Dryer Schematic1.pdf (522kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
Danprtr  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 6:11:18 AM(UTC)
Danprtr

Never would have got this panel removed without this info. THANKS!

Originally Posted by: Rhatcher Go to Quoted Post
I got removing the cover sorted out. But not until I pulled the washer/dryer stack out and removed the top cover and rear panel. Once I was in the back of the machine I could see how the panel is held on...
As it turns out, the lower panel is actually a plastic cover that sits very snug to the lower portion of the overall front panel. It is held in place by three screws at the bottom, six small “slide” clips and two additional detentes . All of the clips are integral to the panel so they are not replaceable if you break them.
To remove the panel, first, remove the three screws. They are T15 torx. The next step is sort of a two part operation; there are notches on each side of the panel pry the notched area away from the side about ¼ inch this will pull a small "bump" on each side out of holes in the front panel. With those held out push down on the lower panel and it will eventually slide off and you can pull it away. You may have to wiggle it a bit but it will come loose.
Once the lower panel is off there is a round cover, with one screw in it. Remove screw and cover and then you can access the gas valve and watch the burner operation etc.
Here is a link to a Bosch eShop Home where there is parts diagram that might make it easier to understand.

good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply