Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cbickers  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 9:25:48 AM(UTC)
cbickers

Groups: Registered

Clicking noise comes from the top right side of the refrigerator just inside the door. I think it's coming from the control panel. I've already replaced the start device/relay, overload breaker, and condenser fan. Refrigerator worked for a while each time but after a few days clicking returned. Is there a way to test the control panel, etc? If yes, how do I remove it and how do I test it? Or, if you have another idea, please advise.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 10:22:41 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

The noise you hear is coming from the ADC board inside the control panel in the fresh food section.

Replace it Part number: 4388932
Part number: 4388932

Use the flat screw driver to pry out the escutcheon (take the knobs off first), remove 4 - 1/4" screws 2 in front and 2 behind the control panel and drop it down. All this should be done with power off.

Post the results.

Simon.
cbickers  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 12:16:09 PM(UTC)
cbickers

Simon,

Why do you say it's the ADC board? What does the adaptive defrost control board have to do with the clicking noise? Are there any diagnostics I can perform to make sure?

Also, I'm not sure what the escutcheon is you referred to, nor do I see any knobs I should take off. Isn't the control panel at the top where the light bulb is screwed in? I see 4 screws, but there are also 2 brass nuts with washers that seem to be holding the entire assembly to the inside top of the cabinet. I appreciate any help you can give.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 12:41:48 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

The ADC has relays and the clicking is coming from one of them (most likely the defrost relay).

According the model number you provided there are two temperature control knobs, the escutcheon is the plastic panel behind those knobs. Take it out and you will see two more brass 1/4" screws.

Simon.
cbickers  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 4:55:15 PM(UTC)
cbickers

I replaced the ADC and while I was at it thought I'd better test the defrost thermostat and the heater element for continuity. The heater element checked out fine, but the thermostat was partly separated, so I replaced it. Put everything back together, and voila! Refrigerator is cold again! Thanks so much for your help, Simon!
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 9:05:00 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are very welcome.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply