Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 1:48:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Where did you buy it from? $173 sounds too much. APP sell it for $145 and you can return it later even if it was installed.

You'll never know how hard is to install it until you'll try and it should be covered under the parts warranty.

BTW, why not to return the part for refund and order it from APP?

Gene.
flipper003  
#22 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 11:03:00 AM(UTC)
flipper003

Groups: Registered

I have the dacor rv30 and am having problems with the touch pad. Got a new one but could use some guidance on replacing it. To repeat post #14 - how do
you get the touch pad out of the top of the vent? There are no screws or tabs and nothing moves so there must be some magic way to take this apart to replace the touch board - I have the wiring all the way out from the unit with a string attached so I can pull it back through - just can't figure how get it out of the top part. Thanks for your help!
gfron1  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 5:51:54 AM(UTC)
gfron1

Apparently I'm keeping this very old thread alive. Hope someone is still out there to help.

I recently cleaned the inside of the hood by lifting and pulling out on the face plate/grill. Scrubbed years of grease off including the wire filters and put it all back together. When I lowered the hood the face plate fell into the range casing - meaning, it must not have been fully securely rested on the bottom bracket and when it was half way down the face plate slid outward and fell down into the cavity that the hood lowers into. I heard it. Cussed. Then raised the hood hoping for the best. No luck. i couldn't even see the grill/face plate, and now when i lower it the hood clearly hits the face plate and struggles to go down.

I don't want to burn out the motor so we're not touching anything until I know how to access the cavity. i see no obvious/easy way from the inside, but I'm betting that there might be a way to take the top off the hood that might help. Thoughts?
gfron1  
#24 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 10:05:37 AM(UTC)
gfron1

Just kicking this dog in hopes of getting an answer. I'd really like to figure out how to fix this vent.
zuk123  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 7:37:15 PM(UTC)
zuk123

Hi Gfron1

On mine there are 3 wing nuts on the top edge of the sheet metal cover (under the stovetop) that the vent retracts down into. Once you remove the 3 wing nuts, and washers, a metal strip will come loose. It has a lip on it that holds the face of the sheet metal box in place. The top should tip toward you, and then lift it out. If your duct to outdoors is fastened thru this cover plate, you will need to figure out how to remove it first.

once the plate is removed, you will see the drawer slides that guide the vent up and down, the motor, and the arm that does the movement, and you will likely see your dropped filter screen.

Good luck

z
gfron1  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:28:46 AM(UTC)
gfron1

Thanks for the info!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply